Chapter 1 - First day? Been tough rough.

Sweating. That is what's happening to me right now. I am sweating so much that it can fill the whole sea. Well that's not entirely true but basing on the sweat that's coming out of my pores endlessly, I think it might be completely and utterly possible.

I am forcing my legs and feet to walk slower than usual. And that is saying something. They all say that I walk too slow for an average person. But really I don't care what they think. They should just mind their own business and I'll mind my own. That should be a good thing to do.

As I slowly approach the big, red gates, my heart took on overdrive. It is beating faster than my normal heart beat. I put my hand over my heart and try to cool it off but it was of no use. I tried saying "Aal iz well" a gazillion times but I guess it doesn't work. I need to find a way fast! I don't want to die at a young age just because I had a heart attack on being so nervous!

I came to a stop as I am now facing the gates. The gates which I dreaded the most. The gates that were totally unfamiliar and totally new.

The gates of East High.

I continued on walking and passed the gates just enough to see the whole campus. It was spacious. I don't know if I can find my way around here. Especially now that I would need to go to the office since I'm probably late.

A loud, shrill sound came through the whole campus and I stood frozen on my spot. How lucky am I? I thought. I guess class will start soon already. Because I walked too slow on coming here, I am late. But being a new student has its advantages: you do not need to be early in your first day of school. I so thank mother earth for that rule.

I kept on walking and looked at the ground as I did so. I didn't want to see the people around here, it would just make me more nervous. Not that there are a lot since students went on their classes already. I glanced at every door to see if it was the office. There is a door completely different from the others and it says Secretary's office. Might as well go inside and pick up a map to use around here.

I opened the door and sweet-scented goodies filled my nostrils. That smells so darn good, i thought. I went over to the Secretary's table and saw that no one was around. I looked around the room and saw that it was full of pink flowery designs and stuff. I guess our Secretary is more girly than usual.

As my eyes continued to travel around the room, my eyes met a pair of brown orbs looking straight back at me. She is perfectly still and is watching me with curious eyes. She had red hair that reached past her shoulders. She was wearing a peach shirt, denim jeans, a purple bonnet and closed sandals as her footwear. Her eyes snapped back up at my face and stayed silent.

I averted my gaze to my hand that traveled over to what seemed like a bell. Confused, I pat it once to see if what would happen. Suddenly a girl appeared on the table looking at me with a wide grin. She chuckled and stood up, "Hey darling what can I do for you?"

I quickly composed myself from the shock that took over my body a few moments ago. "Hi, my name's Jane Reed, the new student?"

Her wide grin turned into a much bigger grin - if that's even possible as her grin is stretched so much already - and looked like the Chesire cat in Alice in Wonderland. I don't even know what there is to smile about. It's the first day of school! "Oh so you're the new girl. Good morning! The name's Cris by the way. "

Cris? Isn't that for a guy's name? Well I guess it can be for a girl's name too. I shouldn't be saying that. I, mseylf, isn't a sexist. Never in a billion years. "Oh hey Cris. I was just wondering, can you give me a school map or guide or something? Its just that this place is kind of.... big." I gave her a sheepish smile and stood awkwardly still.