The Letter...

It was a beautiful Saturday morning, the birds sounded lovely as the wind blew the curtains in my room

It was a beautiful Saturday morning, the birds sounded lovely as the wind blew the curtains in my room. I laid in my bed lazily, staring at the white ceiling. Dang! Dong! The door bell rang as I groaned walking to the door, "Who is it?" No answer? That's weird.. I got scared and looked through the door hole. No one. Only a letter..?

I opened the door and read the letter after I'd locked the door back. "Hello, Ms. Flaky, you have been selected to come to Happy Tree Town to help one of our most honorable soldiers in Happy Tree Town! We see that you're unemployed, so why not come on down today! Just fill out the application within the next 3 days @ 413 HTF Street. See you soon!" I pulled out the application paper behind the greeting letter. Before I got to have a good look at it my phone ranged, it was a unknown number. I picked up the phone, "H-Hello?" I asked shakily. "Please don't come to Ha..." "What? Who is this?" "It's dangerous! The soldier he's..." "I'm sorry I can't really hear you my phone is-" "It's me, Petunia! Don't come here pl-" The call was ended.

My eyes widen as I heard the words 'Petunia' , she was gone missing without a trace 3 years ago. She was my first friend, no one wanted to talk to me because of my hair.. it creeped people out. My eyes started to tear up but then I realized something. She's still alive, she's still out there, and I have to go find her! On the phone she said something about 'Don't come here'? Does she not want me to go looking for her? Or is it for my safety?

She mentioned something about a soldier.. could it be possible that she was talking about Happy Tree Town's most honorable soldiers? Ugh, I'm going crazy.. I have to do some background on this place and report this to the police. I saved the unknown number as Petunia and dialed up the police. No answer? "Sorry we can't come to the phone right now. Hillton's police station is busy with other phone calls and will-" I hanged the phone up and sighed.

Guess I'll just have to drive to the police station. I grabbed the letter and went on my way.