The Reaping

Todays the day... A day that could make or break someones life, good or bad. But ultimately bad, seeing as only one out of 24 people come out alive. I have to be that one person, who defied all the odds to survive...

I crowd into the The Town Square at approximately 11:00 o clock. It's one of the few places in District 2 thats actually quite nice, apart from the mountains which obviously look beautiful. They are tall and strong, unbreakable by any force, I must face up to my destiny and win with pride!

Our escot Pruedencia Snozzling ,a crazy woman with magenta hair and luminous yellow tattoos all over her body, walks onto the stage where we will hold the Reaping.

"Welcome, welcome!" she begins saying in her squeaky accent. "We will be picking a couragous young man and woman to fight to the death in the 62nd annual Hunger Games! Isn't it exciting?" She gets a mumur of 'excitement' back from the croud. Everyone is so nervous, even the people who are probably going to volunteer anyway.

"Ladies first!" She toddles off to the glass ball with the girls names in it ; 6 of them with Enobaria Gordon written on in careful print.

"Eleania Scobles!"

A sound of relief escapes my lips without warning, I have decided that I want to carry on my life, live every day as it comes, I am not going to die...

But when nobody mounts the stage, eyebrows are raised in dismay- Where is this girl? The mayor of the District, who usually has a sour expression on his face, has a look of extreme trauma instead. He explains, between sobs, that Elenia (his daughter) died while tragically falling into the fully charged electric fence. Her name was written before the day of the Reaping, and they forgot to take them out. So, for the first time ever, Panem is having a re-reaping!

"Oh, umm, err..." Prudencia mumbles "We'll have to... um... pick someone else! This is very dramatic!!!" She gently picks another piece of paper.

"Enobaria Gordan!"

Oh....