The Television Report

I stare at the television expectantly, instantly the picture forms and i am surprised who i see.

Peeta greats Caesar Flickerman with a somewhat shaky smile, they start off with a few jokes, as usual, but after a few attemps, the pair get into the nitty-gritty chat.

The idea of Peeta, polished and perfect, pulls me up short. Maybe the Capitol let the baker go free as well? I sincerly doubt that, Peeta is too vital to be letting go of, especially where Katniss is involved.

He starts to describe to Caesar about the arena, how he highly doubts that Katniss blew up the force field, that she didnt purposely try to fry us all. Well, she did, i saw it with my own eyes. Perhaps Katniss shot that arrow into the force field, unaware of how much power it would conduct. Secretly, i think Katniss knew exactly what she was doing...

And then, for the first time ever, Peeta tells the bloodthirsty audience the side affects of the Arena. "And you better do some killing, because in the arena, you only get one wish. And it's very costly." I can see what he is talking about, having been in the hell-hole twice in my lifetime. He continues to describe in detail about how being in the Arena costs everything you are, that murdering innocent people is diabolical but essential to stay alive.

A hush falls over the rebels, i almost forgot that they were there. I realise that my face is planted only a few centimetres away from the television set, not wanting to miss a word. I edge away from the blinding light and carry on listening to Peeta. He talks about Brutus killing Chaff, i didnt even know he witnessed that, and how he murdered my only remaining ally.

Suddenly, my eyes well up at the memory of Brutus... The vicious victor, great with a spear, loving underneath his tough exterior. I shall never forget him, i whisper a silent thank you to him, as if it were possible for him to hear me.

A hand places on my shoulder, i startle and my well-trained muscles tense. I guess that, because of the Arena, i am still terrified of an unfamiliar touch.

Everything that happened in the Arena comes back to haunt me now: leaving my family, watching my allies die, killing Jordan and tasting the blood, trying to protect tiny Fern from District 7, falling in love with Maximus, dreading the Quarter Quell, the brother and sister from 1 (Cashmere and Gloss) dying, Brutus being slaughtered by Peeta and finally, Maximus being ripped to bits and left for dead, leaving me in District 5, helping the war effort.

I can't imagine life if i hadn't taken part in the Hunger Games, if i still lived with my damaged parents after my brother Jonas' horrific death or found a loving husband to take care of me. But i know in my heart, that no-one could love me more than Maximus did, and i still believe that, where ever he is, my boyfriend still protects me.

"Ok there, Enobaria?" Willow Cleaves asks worriedly.

The population of the carpeted room has their eyes fixtated on me, probably expecting me to have a mental breakdown.

I wont give them the satisfaction of that happening. I stand up straight, hold my head up high and inform the rebels that i will do anything to help the cause....