Prologue

I absolutely hate this school. Can I just move? Nothing can make this day any better because it's already ruined in every single way.

    Well maybe, just maybe, band class could make it better. I go to locker 273 to get my band folder and put my chemistry binder away. "Hurry up Michelle! You are so slow!" I look over at my friend Megan and say, "I'm trying!" I laugh and shut my locker door.

My best friend makes my day better.

I make my way to the band room, which was like my 2nd home. I just couldn't wait until this upcoming marching season. It was the most stressful, hardworking, but favorite time of the year.

      Just thinking about it makes me happy. It helps me forget about all of the dumb drama that roams the halls.
It's so distracting, I haven't learned much at this school.

    Although one thing I have learned is that there are different types of drama.

    Sometimes there's drama that stays between a few people, but then it spreads like a disease, eating away at you. It makes you doubt people and the things they say, the things they do.

     Then there's the fighting drama, The people who can't control themselves. For example, the fight this morning between John Walpole and Chris Jenkins was quite interesting. I can't really remember what it was all about, but I recall something about sex. Isn't that the constant talk of the school anyway?

     When people look at you, does it ever cross your mind that your name could be spreading around the school? Your name, your actions, and your words, could be the daily gossip.

      I wish I could be something more than just a student, maybe someone who can make a difference. Maybe all of this could come to an end. All of this drama and bullying could finally end once and for all.

      I walk into the band room, right as the bell rings, Like usual. I grab my case, my chair, and my stand. This room is hotter than usual, I already know this class is going to be miserable.

     "Pull out your concert pieces and let's begin to warm up in a couple of minutes," says our band director, Mr. Rolan.

       He was a great band director, so patient, so kind, and so hardworking. I just often wonder how someone could deal with issues so easily.

      Sometimes I think to myself that it would actually be kind of nice if I could read minds. I could hear true thoughts or true feelings. Maybe it would make things a bit easier for us all.