Chapter 1- Purple balloons

I absolutely love when we get out of class for a school assembly, Especially whenever we're right in the middle of a miserable lecture. The timing just couldn't be better.

While heading down to the gym, I see purple balloons peeking through the cafeteria glass doors. Maybe this was just a part of the assembly, I thought to myself. Surprises are always great, but I thought this was a sports assembly. Why would purple balloons be involved?

The assembly begins, and a member of our student council begins to speak. "Megan Coursey please make your way down to the center court." I find this quite entertaining, so I get out my phone and begin to record this. This has to be something good.

Her face looks surprised, so she obviously didn't know what's happening. Me on the other hand, I'm drawn into the center court, but I'm still thinking about those purple balloons.

Music begins to play. At first, I can't tell what the song is. Our sound system here really sucks. All of us are sorta confused. I look down and see everyone looking left and right for someone or something.

I look to the right of me, and those purple balloons appear. It all happened kinda fast.

Of course Tyler Spears of all people would have those balloons! He rides in on a little tricycle. I hear a roar of laughter come from the bleachers. I can't help but to laugh myself.

Megan's face gets red, and a huge smile appears on her face. I then realized what was happening as Tyler rode the tricycle to half court. He handed Megan the balloons, gave her a kiss on the cheek, then brought the microphone to his mouth.

"Megan Coursey, will you go to prom with me?"

She nods her head yes and leaps into Tyler's arms. I couldn't help but to smile and jump in excitement. My best friend certainly deserved something as cute as this.

     Although, this just reminded me how much of a last minute person I am.

Prom is a month away, and I don't even have my dress yet. That also includes shoes, a salon appointment, or anything to do with prom. At least I have my ticket, so I know I'm going to prom, dream dress or no dream dress.

Oh, did I mention that I don't have a date to prom?

I've always dreamed of going to prom. I've always pictured my date ringing the doorbell while I'm still in my bathroom putting in my earrings. I've always imagined my parents knocking on the door saying, "your prom date is here Michelle."

Pictures, smiles, beautiful dresses, dancing, and just an unforgettable night. Prom is something that I couldn't possibly miss. I've dreamed of prom for years. I just couldn't believe that prom was a month Away. I really need to get on the ball, or prom isn't gonna be what I want it to be.

After the assembly ends, I run up to Megan. "Oh my gosh Michelle did you see that?! I can't believe I finally got a promposal!" I smile and hug her tightly. It was definitely a hug of excitement. "I know! I just can't get over how cute that was!"

As I'm heading back to class, It suddenly hits me that I'm the only friend that doesn't have a prom date.
Maybe it's the way I look. Maybe it's the way I act, the way I laugh. I'm a strange person at times. Why would a guy want to take me to prom?

Although, There's still that hope that my high school crush could like me back. I think to myself, "Oh my gosh, who am I kidding? Why would Greyson Chambers ever like me? I'm just looked at as a band geek."

I find myself just standing there, staring off in space. I'm hoping for a chance, dreaming, and imagining the impossible.

I just want some purple balloons.