Prologue

I stared out the window of my hospital room. These white walls and unbearable smells had really been getting to me to the point I actually considered climbing out said window. Besides that, I could really go for an actual cheeseburger along with other real foods and when I say that I mean food that doesn't taste like cardboard. 
        "Lana Tanner?" A nurse said stepping into the room with a clipboard, "Doctor Rowan will be in at any moment."
        She was a nice lady. Her reddish brown hair pulled up tight with a few silvery hairs showing through. She's been very helpful and caring the past few days I've been in this prison, but I couldn't help but be annoyed by my doctors absence.
        I nodded to her and then adjusted the pillow behind my head waiting patiently for Dr. Rowan to finally inform me why there's so much testing going on. 
       Dr. Rowan made his way in and gave me a faint smile. He's been my doctor for years along with my parents, at least he was. 
       "So I have some news," He stated with his smile fading slowly, "We've been doing some tests and..."
       I instantly toned him out. I knew what he was going to say, after losing my parents four days ago I was hoping this wouldn't come up. I just want it all to never of happened. 
I placed my hands to my face holding back tears, "What are my options?"
He began listing a few of my option at this stage, but I understood the unavoidable truth.