The Mysterious Black and White Cat

It was a cool spring night in April of two thousand and eight, when a mysterious black and white cat decided to visit my grandmother's house. I could tell he was very cold and seemed sick as well, my grandma and I assumed that the cat was just in a fight with another cat down the street. We then finally realized that we had seen this cat before on her porch and around the neighborhood.

    The cat really seemed to like hanging around on the porch. The next morning when she woke up, the black and white cat was still there. It looked sad and hungry and I went inside and asked my grandma if she had any cat food that I could have to give to the poor thing, my grandma has four cats of her own and I knew she would have some type of food around her house.

She handed me a bowl and showed me where she kept the extra cat food in her kitchen. I filled the bowl as much as I could and went outside and noticed that the cat was gone,  I started to call but the cat came running out before I could even yell, "here kitty kitty!"

    I put the bowl down on the porch and the black and white cat cam running up and rubbed my arm as I was moving the food towards him. He was softer than I thought and seemed very friendly too!

    When I told my grandma how soft and friendly he was, she asked me if I had a name for him. I said, "No, but he does have a limp I noticed when he ran for the food." We thought about him for awhile and we came up with the name we thought that would fit him best, Stubby!

    A few days had passed and she looked at him with a lot of curiosity and concern that he was homeless cat who needed lots of love, a warm lap and food in his belly.

    At this point mty grandma decided to take Stubby to the vets; he ended up being very sick and in a lot of pain. We both agreed to help him get better by giving im the medicine he needed snd letting Stubby sleep inside on a fluffy blanket.

    After a few days my grandma let Stubby back outside where he came from. My grandma works a lot and therefore she couldn't let him stay inside alone with the other cats. On her next day off she decided to stay inside because it was rainy and not a bright day. She stayed inside baking her famous chocolate chip cookies and some of her yummy brownies.

    Stubby was really cold from being outside and wanted to be inside to warm up and sleep the cold away, but Stubby was sadly ignored all day. When I came home from school I jumped off the bus and saw Stubby on the porch, cold, wet and lonely. I opened the door and he walked in with me and my grandma placed her hands on her hips, stomped her foot and said, "Oh my word, Stubby was out in that weather all day wasn't he?"

    We both quickly gathered up the other cats inside the house and put them in a different room and closed the door. I ran to the bathroom and grabbed a towel to dry Stubby off with from the cold rain water.

    My grandma ran to her bedroom and snatched the warm blanket from her bed and sat in her favorite chair and waited for me to put Stubby on her lap where the both of them cuddled for the rest of the night.

    From that point on, we both knew never ever to forget about Stubby on those cold, wet, and lonely rainy nights!