Chapter 1

(Megan's POV)

It has been a couple of weeks now since the move. I went from a big time popular girl to a low life small town girl all because my parents couldn't work out their problems. The city was so nice and I will never get used to the weird air in the country.

Once my mom and dad got a divorce, mom moved me to a place in Georgia. It was a small town known as Louisville. There was so many people I missed back home. The only person I will ever love was back in the city. Mark was drop dead gorgeous, tall and slim with deep blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He was my first everything.

Mom was so happy because she believed she finally moved on from dad, but deep inside I knew she wanted him back. I could see the pain in her eyes when I spoke his name. But things would only get worse.

It was the middle of summer when we got a call from the Ohio police department. My father had committed suicide. I refused to believe this. He was sad over the divorce and us moving, but I knew my father. He cherished life and would never take it away.  Mom was so upset, but she was to damn stubborn to admit it . She said she never wanted to leave Georgia. That it was an exciting place to live. She began to drink a lot. It worried me. She was always drunk and passed out wherever her drunken mind led her. By the time school started things just became worse.

The first day soon arrived and it was as awful as I thought it would be. First off, everyone was so rude and they stared a lot. Seeing all the couples around me just made me think of Mark. I went through the whole day hearing whispers as I walked by in the hall way. I was constantly being stared at. 

There was one nice person, Keaton. He was my lab partner in Chemistry. He had a cute dimpled smile and beautiful hair. His eyes were almost as pretty as Marks and I got butterflies when he looked at me. I was crushing hard, but a crush is innocent. I was in a relationship, and little did I know so was he.

I thought he was sweet and different then all the snobs in this school. But my second day of school came around and I was proved way wrong. Keaton's girlfriend met me in the courtyard after Chemistry and attacked me. I didn't even get a hit on her before it was broken up. I would forever have this reputation and all Keaton could do was laugh. Like many others in my life I promised him I would never see him again.

Could my life get any worse? I guess so because Mark called after I got suspended. He calmly told me he didn't need me. I was a prude and he needed someone to give him what he wanted. After hearing that, my world crashed down. I couldn't take anymore. I had to get  away from my life, this life.

I went downstairs and told my mom I was going to a place where my dreams would come true. i told her it was time for me to go. She refused and wouldn't let me go. So I waited for her to fall asleep and then I packed my bags and headed out. Only leaving a note that read:

Dear Mom,

I know you told me no, but life has to change I need to run free. Don't worry by the time your reading this I am probably going to be on a plane heading to London. I love you take care and thanks for understanding. Goodbye.