Chapter 5

As we got to the rodeo, we started to settle in. Setting up chairs, Taking coolers out, always something to do.

"Man today's gonna have some tough competition." I said with concern. "Tell me about it. I'm worried about me and Speedy's times tonight." Riley practically yelled.

We laughed at her expressions and carried on. We groomed, lunged, and started to tack our horses. As I tacked up Diesel, I felt two strong hands, wrap around my waist.

"Hey beautiful." Dallas said. "I didn't know you were going to be here." I said. "Well I need to head over to the arena. You can go hang out with Dani." Dani is my gay best friend. "He won't hit on me will he?" He asked worriedly.

"What do you have against Dani? Cuz if you do I'm going to beat you ass till you grandkids feel it!" Threatened Riley. "I don't have anything against him, it's just I'm straight." He explained. "Go sit down and enjoy it. Besides Dani has his eyes on Zane" I said reassuring. 

Dallas left to sit down as we started for the arena. The weather was perfect for this Friday night rodeo. Gorgeous sunset, brisk breeze, 79 degrees, just perfect. All that was left to do is run.

I was draw 34 and Riley was 12. When they called her and Speedy up, I knew this was going to be an amazing run. 

She dashed to the first barrel, knocking it down as she went. Not the smoothest turn ever. As she finished the second and third barrels and ran home, it came to be a 14.78 but as the rules are, she knocked a barrel down resulting in a no time.

"Sorry he trucked the first barrel. He'll get it next time." I said reassuringly. "It's fine. He was confused running that fast to it." She sadly said. 

When the arena helper called my number, I knew it was time. As I walked into the pen, Diesel pranced under me. When the buzzer sounded, he shoot out and ran to the first barrel. I could hear everyone cheering me on. 

As we turned the first barrel and on to the second, a car back fired. I could feel the fear radiate from him as he squealed, bucked, reared, and finally slamming me to the ground. 

My body started to shake and go into shock. The last thing I remember was the helicopter, taking me to the unknown.