Chapter 6

Today was the first game of the MLS season. I sat in the locker room, tapping my cleats against the floor, adrenaline about to spark.

"Calum, ready to go?" David helped me up, walking with me out to the locker room. Soon enough, the game started. I was starting, playing center midfield.

"Girls don't play this version of soccer." A player from the Houston Dynamo cursed as I stole the ball from him. After the second half I had a chance on goal. Everything stopped going, it was just me, the ball and the keeper. I lifted my leg up to chip the ball when the air was knocked out of my as my head smacked the ground.

{Nathan's POV}

"Calum is down!" They kept replaying the scene. Over and over. Alaina was hurt, badly. The Houston Dynamo player that hurt her just laughed as they carried Alaina off the field.

"Wow..." I groaned, looking over at Ashley who had her hands covering her mouth.

{Alaina's POV}

"Hey Calum, you feeling better?" Beckham peered over me.

"What?" I was confused, my head really hurt.

"It's a concussion..." David sighed.

"I'll hurt that guy, I don't care if I get carded." He stood up, looking back at the door, smirking.

"I think you got some visitors." Nathan and the boys walked into the hospital room.

"How long have I been out?"

"Long enough for me to get a flight back here... Baby..." Nathan cried softly at my side.

"Stop crying boo..." I cupped his face in my hands, looking into his green blue eyes.

"Sorry..." He chuckled, kissing me softly.

"It's not my funeral..." I giggled.

"I just missed you so much and I have to see you like this." Nathan brushed his lips against my cheek. Everyone had left the room to give us privacy.

"Ow..." I moved my head quickly.

"You okay?" He whispered.

"Yes..." I giggled.

"How long are you staying?"

"I got two weeks off..." Nathan smiled, I was glad I got to see him.

"How bad is my concussion?" I asked.

"No physical activity for a week, lucky you, doctor Sykes is on duty." Nathan winked, chuckling.

"I want a different doctor!" I teased, giggling.

"Nope..." He laughed, sitting me up and helping me out.

"She's alive!" Tom shouted, attacking me with a hug.

"Thomas!" Nathan looked at him.

"She has a concussion, be gentle."

"Oh, sorry..." Tom started to pet my blonde hair awkwardly, continuing as we got in the van. I fell asleep in the car, soon getting woken up as we pulled into Nathan and mines house.