The Beginning Part 1

Thousands of years ago when the pyramids were still young, there existed a time of peace and order in the world. A great and powerful Pharaoh had locked the dark powers of the Shadow realm into seven Millennium items freeing the planet from ages of darkness. During this time of peace, homes were rebuilt and families grew and kingdoms grew from years of war, hate, and loss. As well the Pharaoh and his Queen were now happily waiting for the birth of their first child. However, Atem, the pharaoh, was growing very worried. "My Pharaoh, what seems to be the problem?" Amsu asked Atem.

Atem immediately looked over at his advisor and best friend since childhood, Amsu. Amsu was wearing a shendyt and had the Millennium Eye in one of his eyes. He was the head of security for the royal family which included Atem. "Nothing, it's just I'm a little afraid of being a father."

Amsu stood up with that and said "I know, I remember when my son was born, I was a nervous wreck. Not as bad as you are, but still." He smirked at Atem. Atem gave him a look that said 'You couldn't resist could you?' Amsu then chuckled at his friend's action, "Are you sure that's all that's on your mind?"

Atem sighed; he knew he couldn't hide anything from his friend, "I'm just a little scared. I have no idea how to be a father." With that, Atem sat down, messing up his pharaoh clothes that were only worn by the pharaoh and taking his millennium puzzle off but he didn't care. It was just him and Amsu in the hallway anyway.

"Of course, you don't. No one does, at least not the first time." Amsu ensured him, "Besides knowing you, I'll bet he'll be just like you."

Atem looked at Amsu and sighed "You are such a thorn in my side."

Amsu was about to say something when the door's to the room they were waiting by flung open with a nurse calling out, "My Pharaoh!"

"Yes?" Atem asked as he stood up and faced the nurse.

"Do you want to see your son?" She asked with a delightful smile on her face, when she saw her pharaoh nod, she led Atem and Amsu into the room.

Aten entered the room and saw sitting in the bed located near the middle of the room by the far wall was his queen, holding a bundle of jay wrapped in a blanket, "Dalila," Atem called outas he made his way to his wife's side.

Dalila looked up from the newly born child in her arms towards her husband with a smile and asked, "Hi Atem, do you wish to see your son?"

"Of cause," Atem replied with happiness in his voice as he moved the blankets for he could see his child's face.

The child looked well and healthy as he slept peacefully in his mother's arms. But there was something different about him that Aten couldn't understand. The child's hair was white, not like that of an old man, but of that like fleshly fallen snow. This confused Atem because none of his parents or ancestors had white hair and nether did Dalila's. "Dalila, how is this possible?" Atem asked, he wasn't complaining because that white hair made him look mysterious and thought it fit well on his son.

Amsu looked over his friend's shoulder to see what his pharaoh was talking about and gasped in shock, "He is the chosen one!"

Dalila and Atem looked at him then their son, "Are you certain?" Atem asked hoping his friend was not playing a trick on them..

"I am certian my Pharaoh," Amsu insured him, "The prophecy states that someone being born with white hair will lead our people into times of greatness far beyond anything we have ever had and to my knowledge there hasn't been a child born with white hair in our kingdom."

Both Atem and Dalila looked at their son and smiled knowing that their son had a great future a head of him, "My son, my little...Mmm," Atem started to say.

"What's the matter?" Dalila asked him in confusion.

"What should we name him?" He asked sleeply.

Amsu and everyone else face-faulted at that "How about Darius" Dalila asked.

At the mentioned of his new name, the young prince opened his eyes for the first time revealing mean green eyes that started wondering around the room looking at the people around him. Atem smiled as let his son play with his finger as he looked into his son's eyes seeing great kindness and leadership, then continued where he left off, "My son, my little Darius."

-------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I wanted to share this little fanfiction I adopted from a guy name Geardark on fanfiction.net, and I wanted to share this with you guys. If any of you already read this, just hang in there because I'm going to do some editing to the chapters and add some more detail to it and some other things, so some things may change a little bit. So if you already read what is posted already, don't worry because I will be keeping most of the stuff in it so don't worry. So I hope you enjoyed the first chapter, and until next time, Flare, over and out!