Where Have You Been, Nightwing?

Garfield was worried. Hearing Nightwing's story, then not really seeing him or hearing reports of sightings of him for a little over a year, it left mostly everyone worried.

Garfield was walking around the Watchtower, when he heard distant soft snores.

Frowning, he followed the sound to investigate.

Once he got to the source, he couldn't believe his eyes. Garfield rubbed them to make sure.

But, in fact, there was Nightwing. Fast asleep.

Garfield was more surprised to see that no one else noticed Nightwing when he was on one of the couches in the living room/kitchen that was on the Watchtower.

He stood there, staring. That was until Megan came looking for him.

"What are you looking at, Gar?" She asked, frowning in concern.

Once she spotted Nightwing, she gasped and walked over to him.

"Nightwing." She started shaking him a little.

He opened his mask covered eyes. "Hey, Miss M." He used the nickname he gave her when he was thirteen.

Megan smiled, but Garfield had enough and hugged Nightwing.

Dick blinked, looking down at Garfield.

Garfield let go of the hug. "Where have you been, Nightwing?" He asked, sounding like a stern parent.

Dick laughed. "I got caught up with a few things. Things I hadn't planned on." Was he only response.

"Why were you sleeping here? Don't you have a place to go?" Miss Martian asked, worried.

He smiled. "I do. But, the places I could have gone to are noisy. I wanted peace, not noise." Dick stood up.

"Where are you going now?" Garfield asked, not wanting Dick to leave.

"To the training room. Want to come?" He asked, smiling.

Garfield beamed and nodded.

"Miss M?" Dick asked. She shook her head, no. "Alright, come on."

As him and Nightwing left to go to the training room, Garfield looked back and saw his sister smile.

~MsPenguingirl1234.

Published: April 27, 2016.