*Wrecked World*

To say I was nervous would be the biggest understatement in the history of the whole fucking world.

You would be shitting yourself if everything you've ever known changed up on you real quick. Like 'I blinked once and missed three years of my life' kind of quick.

Why was I shaking in my boots?

Well, there wasn't a snake in there for sure, but it was pretty damn close. Well, it was a snake, but not the reptile kind. The snake was my mom. But I'll get into that more later.

I was starting a new life, basically. I loved my old school, and now I was being forced into living with my mom, and I would have to change schools. It was weird. Although I was Mexican, I had never went to a school with so many of them. It was always white kids or half-Mexican kids. Never full Mexican like me.

So it was a big change for me when I saw what kind of school it was. I was supposed to start that Tuesday, but I kept delaying it on purpose, until my mom tricked me into going on that Friday.

I remember when I woke up that day. My mom said that it was already 11 AM and we missed the time frame to register, so I popped out of my bed like a toast in a toaster. My phone said it was 11:12 AM and I believed it, because come on, phones are usually never wrong, and I never once remembered my mom had my password for it. So I got ready like every other day. It was really dark, but I paid it no mind.

It was still Winter time, so it was gloomy and freezing, so I thought it was going to rain, like any other day for the past week.

So I went and put on my favorite blue v-neck, then covered it up with my big brothers red sweater, and put on some blue jeans. I put on some white socks and my white converse. I did my hair in the most perfect messy bun I ever did create, and quickly put on mascara. I looked decent.

All the kids were home still, even though they had already been enrolled. We all jumped in the car, and then that's when I knew my mom played me.

The car time said 7:15. She dropped my two little sisters at Baty Elementary. Their school started at 7:30, but we wanted them to get situated, and my mom wanted to meet their teachers. Since my mom wanted to meet them, and she was only going to be in there for 10 minutes, we got to stay in the car.

I plugged in my earphones, and blasted some Miley Cyrus. Yes, I love Miley Cyrus, even through her darkest time. Anyways, I was listening to wrecking ball, because that song was my shit.

So, three songs later, my mom got back in the car, and did a 23 minute drive to my sister's middle school, which was called Ceeders middle school. It didn't start until 8:30, and it was barely almost 8, but my sister didn't eat breakfast, so she wanted eat and the lines were hectic later on, so she went in.

This was the part that I dreaded. It was just my mom, my little brother, and me left in the car. Since my mom felt bad for me, she made a small stop at Starbucks, and bought me a grande Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino and a Ham and Cheese Croissant, and a tall Vanilla Bean for my brother.

We pulled up at the school for the fourth time that week. I hadn't talked to my mom that whole ride. So I just looked at her, staring, as if to say 'what do you expect me to do now?'.

"You have five seconds to get of this car, Samantha, or heaven forbid I drag you out it myself," she whispered-yelled at me. You know that moment when someone says something threatening in a sugar sweet tone, and it gives you the creeps? Yeah that's what that moment was like.

So you bet your ass I hightailed out that car like my whole body was on fire.

We walked up to the front doors, and, I don't know why, but I just froze. Like I felt incapable of moving my legs. My attitude in the car dissolved completely, and now it was replaced with a new emotion. Well, emotions.