CHAPTER 4

Finally it was P.E. time as I raced through the halls while gripping my racket hard like I was holding the source of energy. I ran towards the girl's locker room and my prediction was right. There she was, standing high between her ridiculous friends and as usual, smiling snobbish.

I yelled at them, "Hey!" Jo glanced at me and rolled her eyes, "You're still here? And still alive?"

I ignored her comment and talked straight to the point. "One last game with you, and if I lose again, the court's yours," I said. Jo's faced lightened at my words and she reached for her shiny racket. We both went to the court where my classmates were waiting for us.

I was going to play a game of 100 points but Ron cut me off by saying that we were playing a 50 points game only. "Why not?" I snapped at Ron angrily. Ron furrowed her perfect eyebrows and snarled at me, "Just shut up and get on with it!"

I served first. Jo got her chance to hit back at me and I sprinted forward to slammed it. I dodged the booby traps gracefully and got to do what I planned just then. It flew past Jo who was standing as stiff as a statue with her jaws dropping. After 2 minutes, she finally snapped out from her daze. Her head turned and her blue eyes met her friends upset looks.

"Must be her lucky day," she smiled nervously and I could see clearly that she trembled in fear.
One of her groupie pushed the shuttlecock in her shaking hand as she served it. It was terrible. The white bird darted to me.

My eyes caught the weird movements the shuttlecock was doing. It was being controlled. I let it came near me so I knew when to hit it. It went a little bit to the right as I held my racket high and then, it went far to the left as I smashed it to her and nearly fell on the ground for my foot stepped onto the slippery part.

It flashed directly at Jo's pretty face. If she stood in her place a wee bit longer, maybe she could get her nose broken like how she did at me. But instantly she ran away screaming and left her racket lying on the grass. Ron shouted at her to come back and they both argued for few minutes. Soon Jo got back in her place and Fleur shouted, "20 love!"

Jo glared at me and yelled that it was my lucky day. Funny, how'd she guessed that quickly?

We both played and soon I collected 40 points and Jo with still, a plain, none special, zero.
If I were watching the game, I could see that the shuttlecock would be going back and forth, then back and fell down. Again, it would flew back and forth and back and forth, back to Jo but stopped for Jo was losing the battle.

Now, one more point and I would be the winner. I raised my racket high and smashed the white bird whilst it went to Jo to be hit again. Jo hit it clumsily back, but I managed to passed the bird to her.

I gave her a simple shot. She tumbled and slid on the floor, missed her last chance to stand high and at least won a point. My classmates cheered for the victory that I won just for them.