CHAPTER 5

My eyes saw Jo's face. Tears were streaming down her face whilst her friends left her there. She was alone.

"She looks scared to be alone," I muttered under my breath. Sharon, a blonde girl from my class must have heard me because she suddenly stopped me from consoling Jo. "I would not do that if I were you. She may look upset, but after that she would go back to her vain-self again."

Sharon was right. Because the sky was falling and we all faced Jo's reaction. The rain pattered and we all knew what it meant. The game was cancelled and there wpuld be no points.

The girl suddenly started laughing hysterically like a maniac that had escape from her prison. "Rain! Rain! You still lost Coralie!"

My classmates booed at her. "The court is mine! All mine!" She unexpectedly did what we all would never do in a light rain like this with lightning about to strike.

She put her shiny, metal racket high in the deep blue sky and shouted, "I am the most unbeatable player in the whole universe!"

What happened next nearly made me ran out from my skin. Lightning striked Jo. Her friends noticed it and raced straight to their pitiful friend and we all did too. Fleur called the teachers as we carried her in the school for shelter.

It had been 5 months after that incident happened. Jo's doctor gave us a bad news. "Joanna is now forbidden to play any sports that will need to use her hands to hold any object. Joanna cannot play anything ever again. Her skin had burnt badly but she was lucky to be alive," the doctor said when we came to visit her.

A miracle changed her. She looked happy all of a sudden, she was an optimistic person and she begged for fogiveness. We all love the new her. She did not even mind at all about her skin or whether she can play again. Her friends did not even visited her but she said she would not let that make her sad.

Joanna had learned from her mistake and from her vain attitude, she is now a very humble girl who seeks for happiness. As for me, I got elected as the leader of the school's badminton team and both of my parents are very proud.

Jo and I had became close friends even for our age gap. Ron had got over from her mean behaviour after meeting Jo. My classmates will be holding a party to celebrate the hunble Jo's arrival and for our victory.