t h r e e

Chien Marron sighed as he jumped from the rooftop onto a street.

He had nothing to do.

His homeworks was done, probably faster than anyone's, since having mum as a teacher isn't a nice thing.

He remembered his father.

His black hair and blue eyes. Carlos got every feature from him. And it disguisted him.

He remembered how his father and he went fishing every Saturday.

They never missed it. It was the day where they could be with each other, without any complications.

Carlos' dad was a banker. He was fair to everyone and all the people loved him.

But it was an exhausting job. Everyday he would go work at 6 am sharp and returned home 8 pm.

Carlos always wanted to see where he works or how his job looks like.

Somehow Carlos always imagined his father had a big office, with a safe in it.

That old safe with the old lockers.

But everytime he asked if he could see where he works, his father refused to take Carlos with him.

Carlos decided that it could be because two reasons.

First he could be ashamed of him or he would want to keep him safe.

But then one day came. His father was getting up for work as usual. What wasn't usual was that Carlos was already awake.

16 years old boy always got up for school at 7 am.

"Go back to sleep, son," he said. "You still need 10 hours of sleep each day,"

"Father...-" Carlos voice stopped his father on his tracks. He had never heard his son's voice so ... Dark.

Little did he know, his son sneaked out, broke every rule they ever had, just to suprise visit his father at work.

Nobody knew Pierre Martin, his father.

He asked everyone. A few people actually looked at him weirdly.

"What's wrong, son?" he asked Carlos, who stood there, his arms crossed on his chest.

"Where do you work?" he asked, coldness never leaving his voice.

"Why are you asking me this? You know where I work," Pierre looked weirdly at him.

"I want to hear it from you. So I'm asking you: where do you work?" Carlos didn't even blink.

He wasn't sure if his dad lied to him all these years.

"I work at the bank," he replied.

Carlos' eyes got watery, but tears never came out.

His father had been lying to him all these years.

"Okay," he silently said, before turning around, walking towards his room.

"Liar," Carlos muttered under his breath and shut his door with a loud bang.

His father had no idea what happened, so he just shrugged it off and went to work as usual.

Carlos' day went by as any other. His friend Tyler was always there for him, but it was hard for Carlos, knowing he would never feel the same way he did.

It was around 5 pm, when he finally got home from all the things he had planned for that day.

He yawned as he saw his house from afar. But something caught his eye.