Chapter 4

Sherlock POV

*ONE MONTH LATER*

Sherlock had only been staying at Alfred's a month but already they felt happier than they had ever felt. He got his hair cut short and Alfred got him new clothes from the boys section of the store. He knew that Alfred just thought he was a tomboy but he was still happy to be able to wear jeans instead of skirts. He could tell that his older brother was happier. He was going to counselling and getting help for his depression. Alfred had enrolled them into the local school. Sherlock had even made a friend. It was fair to say that life was amazing but with every high must come a fall. He cursed himself for thinking that he could ever lead a happy life. That is how Sherlock ended up curled up on Alfred's lap while they were sitting in a hospital waiting room. At that moment Sherlock broke down. At that moment Sherlock realized that showing emotion was a weakness. He made a promise to be stronger. He had to be strong for his brother.

                                                                                   *************************

*PRESENT TIME* Mycrofts POV

Mycroft woke up to his little sister doodling on his face. In any other circumstance he would be annoyed but it was nice to see his little sister playing again. It made a lovely change to seeing her cowering in fear at every small movement. He smiled and stroked her hair. In that moment he was content. He sat up yawning. He could not remember the last time he had a good night's sleep. He nudged his sister off of him and proceed to the bathroom to brush his teeth and make his hair semi-presentable. This was the start of his new life and he was going to make it a good one. If not for him then at least for his sister. She deserved happiness.