Preface

Hello there. Welcome to my world and my life. My name is Scarlett Denise Reign Johnson, but you can call me Reign. I'd love to say that I am a normal, twenty-three year old girl. Sadly, I cannot. I'd love to say that the only "different" thing in my life is the fact that I graduated from Virginia State University with all Honors. I wish I could say that my only worry is the that you will see me as an "overachiever complaining about her perfect life." That, however, is the least of my worries. My life is far from normal. The words: "common" and "regular" do not belong in my vocabulary.

I used to be a normal girl. I had a normal life. Privileged, but normal. My parents were wealthy so I guess that made me wealthy too. I was humble about my affluent lifestyle. My sister JJ, on the other hand, was the epitome of snobbish. She was a sophomore at Petersburg High School. My sister was the complete opposite of me.

I miss those normal things I used to take for granted. You know that terribly overused saying: "You never know what you've got until it's gone." Well, I can relate to that.

There was one thing, though, that wasn't exactly "normal" in my regular human life - my love interest, Joshua. I was madly in love with him and he with me. Our love kept on growing with each passing day. He was the love of my life; the light in my world of darkness; the apple of my young, naive eye. He was also a vampire. I was foolish for loving a vampire. However, I knew that and I didn't care. Joshua was my first love.

He was also the reason why my normal life came to an abrupt end. He--well I think it would be best if I tell you the whole story.