Chapter 18

"John, it's too sloppy, and you missed a chunk of hair!" Casey giggles. I feel John undo his terrible braid. "Like this." I feel my sections of hair be pulled and aligned once again. "Oh, ok I get it." I feel the sections pulled and braided then tied off with an elastic. "Finally." I grumble running my fingers over the well done braid. I smiled, "you have done well young Jedi." I say in my best yoda impression.

John chuckles and stands up only to plop down on the couch and flick on the tv. The good dinosaur came on and the beautiful opening music and stomping flooded the room. I smiled, falling onto my back and laying in the floor. Quietly staring at the screen. "Arlo is so cute!" Casey gushed. I laugh but don't reply as I watch little Arlo crawl from his egg. Smiling, I stand up and skip out of the room and to the kitchen to pour a cup of milk.

I snatch two sugar cookies of the counter and sit down on the counter stool. Casey comes in and takes a cookie, sitting on the stool beside me. I smile at the calming music selection coming from the movie playing in the other room.

I feel Casey nudge my arm, "so Ella," Casey smirks, "he has been here two nights already, -be honest- how many times have you love birds made out." Casey says biting her cookie and giggling. "Casey!" I scoff. She giggles as I slap her arm.

"Buck! Go home! No one likes you!" John screams. I finish my cookie and laugh, walking into the room and staring at John. "Really?" I say. "Buck is so mean!" John protest. I smile sitting beside him and Casey sitting beside me.

We finish the movie, me wiping tears from my eyes, and Casey handing me tissues , we all agree to call it a night.

"Night John." I give him the usual good night hug like iv done since we were little, but his usual calm heart beat didn't await me this time. His heart beat was sped us and he hugged tighter than usual. I backed away, "you alright?" I ask feeling my eye brows shoot up. He nods, "yeah, why?" I shrug, "just checking." I say hugging him once more and than going upstairs.

"Night girls." My mom say as she peaks in well we tuck ourselves in. "How does French toast sound for breakfast." My mom smiles. "My fav!" Casey chants. "Thanks mom." Casey says in a joking voice. My mother shakes her head and giggles, "good night Casey." My mom says leaving the room.

{johns POV}

I woke up to a sweet smell. I get dressed in the bathroom and than come into the kitchen. I meet the gaze of Ella, who was chewing slow and civil on a piece of French toast well as Casey was munching five pieces, her sight locked on her plate. I sit by Casey and immediately a plate is placed in front of me.

I stare at an empty seat by Ella, my usual spot. But lately I just have trouble near Ella. I feel... Strange, and I hate it. I feel my cheeks burn and Ella stares at me. Now I'm blushing great. I see Ella's questioning look before she places another bite of good on her tongue. I feel my heart pound and my hands sweat as I chew. What was wrong with me.

I hear honking and watch as Casey shoves the last bite in her mouth, mumbles thanks through her food, than snatches up her bag and runs to the black SUV outside. I chew some more.

There was nothing between me and Ella but empty space.

My eyes wandered over her baggy black band t and ripped blue jeans, then shot my eyes back to my plate.

What was wrong with me? I'm such a perve, I shouldn't stare at Ella. I suddenly didn't feel hungry. I finished my last bite and turned down seconds as politely as possible. I walked out of the kitchen and minutes later heard the front door open and close. Ella's mom had left for work. And Ella and me were alone. Worst timing ever! When my mind is making life hard...