Chapter 1: Happy Anniversary

A/N: Any capitalization errors in Sans and Papyrus' dialog are intentional as it is accurate to their in-game text boxes. Any other grammatical errors you can feel free to comment on.

"SANS!!!"

"mmn... what is is pap?"

"I NEED YOUR HELP!!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO GET FRISK FOR HER BIRTHDAY!!!!"

"papyrus... its 3 AM. can't you just wait until tomorrow?"

"NO YOU LAZY BONES! TOMORROW IS HER BIRTHDAY! NOW GET UP!" 

"alright, fine. just give me a minute."

And that was how Sans and Papyrus spent the night creating Frisk's birthday party.

The next morning, Frisk woke up and went downstairs to find Sans and Papyrus scrambling to finish Frisk's "surprise" party. The entire lower floor was covered in bright colors and confetti, a small pile of presents on top of the coffee table, and a nice big spaghetti-flavored cake. Frisk was almost overcome with joy. This was her 14th birthday, her first in the underground. And it just made it that much more special. No matter how many gifts she got or how the cake tasted. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUMAN!" papyrus roared. "I AM SURE YOU WILL ENJOY THIS MASTERFUL CAKE, CREATED BY ME!"

"its the first time papyrus tried baking, its actually really good"

"ARE YOU IMPLYING THAT MY OTHER DELICACIES ARE NOT GOOD?"

"i-uh no of course not papyrus, i-i just think-"

"THINK WHAT?"

"that this might be the best dish you've ever made!"

"GASP! REALLY!? I CAN HARDLY BELIEVE IT MYSELF. THE GREAT CHEF PAPYRUS HAS REACHED THE ULTIMATE LEVEL OF AWESOME! NYEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!"

Frisk tried the cake, but it didn't taste like spaghetti. Instead, it tasted more like....cinnamon.....butterscotch.............

...

"UH, HUMAN? ARE YOU CRYING!?"

"kid, what's going on? are you okay?"

"I-I'm sorry, I'll be fine." Frisk whimpered. She had to choke back her tears somehow, or the party will be ruined.

"what's wrong?"

"IS MY CAKE NOT GOOD ENOUGH!?"

"No of course not P-Papyrus, i-its really good... It just reminds me of someone. Someone very special to me.."

"that's all you have to say, kid. we're here for you."

"Thank you."

"ONE MORE THING, HUMAN. WHAT IS YOUR NAME?"

"yeah, come to think of it, we never really got your name."

"My name is Frisk."

As they begun to celebrate once more, there was voice present. One that no-one heard.

"..."

"Frisk..."

"That's-"

"An interesting name."