Chapter 5: Someone entirely new

"SANS... DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHERE FRISK IS!?"

"nope. Are you sure you looked everywhere?"

"ABSOLUTELY!"

"alright, i'll try looking, i guess."

"YOU BETTER GET GOING!! WHAT IF FRISK GETS HURT AGAIN"

"alright alright i'm going!"

Sans said begrudgingly as he stepped out of the brothers' house. After what happened last night, he will have to make sure Frisk tells one of them where she is going before she ventures out. He asked all around the town, but nobody knew where Frisk was. Papyrus must've already tried that, he thought, so he decided to look the one place where papyrus couldn't; the workshop. Sans opened the door slowly, as to not startle anyone if they were inside, and he found Frisk. She was sobbing on the floor, next to... the machine.

"frisk, why are you here? didn't someone attack you here?"

Frisk's voice was very faint.

"Please.... don't do this.. I...I...I just wanted to know..."

Silence.

Sans walked toward Frisk, realizing what she was trying to say, and hugged her.

"its alright, kid, i understand. from now on, no more secrets, alri- GAH!"

Sans cried out, feeling the sensation of being stabbed in the back, he turned his head around to see a syringe embedded into his back, with Frisk's hand injecting determination from the syringe.

"frisk.. f-frisk stop! what are you doing!?"

"I'm... I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry..."

Frisk repeated the same phrase over and over again. She continually injected the liquid into Sans, trying to keep him standing, watching him melt, before she passed out.

~The next day~

Frisk woke up, but she kept her eyes closed. She felt very warm. For living in Snowdin, this was a very welcome feeling to her. She snuggled closer the the source of the heat, before hearing a small grunt. She shot her eyes open at the startling sound, and saw what was the source of the heat, or rather, who was. And she felt heat rising all over her own face.