Going back

Hey guys! I hope you like this story!(:

********************************

the curling iron slipped from my mothers grasp onto the hard, wooden chestnut floor as she gazed at the unfolded laundry with a scowl on her face.

"SKYLER RENE THOMPSON GET YOUR FREAKING BUTT DOWN HERE!"

I knew i was in deep crap when she said my full name. Lord knows what my mother got so worked up about this time.

"Y-yes mother?" I asked dreading to know the asnwer.

"I told you to fold this laundry an hour ago! You never listen do you?!?"

"I-I M SOR-" i started, but before i got to finish my apology my mother shook me violently until i became dizzy and crashed into the wall.

"CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW SKYLER?" She screamed at me. i could smell the disgusting scent of liquor from her breath.

"Drinking" i thought to myself.

"I'm sorry mom! I got so caught up in my studies that it completely slipped my mind." I said with guilt.

"STUDIES,TESTS, SCHOOL. WHY DONT YOU THINK OF ANYONE ELSE BESIDES YOUR SELF FOR ONCE SKYLER? YOU SELFISH BRAT."

"Maybe if you did your on laundry and chores we wouldnt have this problem" i thought to myself. My mom turned to get more beer so i quickly dashed to the other side of the room, but before i knew it, a beer bottle came crashing toward me. The empty glass bottle left a deep cut gushing with blood at the top of my head. My whole body surged with pain. I needed to get out of this place. I ran for the door only to find my hair getting pulled by my mother.

"Where do you think your going?" She asked.

Tears streamed down my face. "Please oh please let me live god. Please please please" i silently prayed to myself. My mom let go of my hair finally. I turned around and saw her walking toward her hair culer that was still on the ground from when she dropped it. I assumed that she was just going pick it up and continue to curl her hair while lecturing to me about "being a obedient daughter."

My assumption was wrong.

"Skyler?" She said.

I whirled around only to find her curling iron spiraling towards me. It happened so quickly that i didnt have time to act. I stood there and let the scorching hot curler whack me right on my forehead and i could have sworn that my skull cracked.

The room...becoming...dizzy...

And then...

****

I woke up. I was panting and out of breath. It was only then that i realized that i was crying uncontrollably. i was crying that sort of cry when youre extremely terrified or upset and you cant stop. The cry where you have those little gasps in between and youre shaking all over. That kind. I tried to calm myself down but i couldnt. i cried and cried and cried until i had finally cried myself to sleep.

****

My name is Skyler Rene Thompson. Im 16 years old, and got put into a foster home when i was 7 because i had no one. my dad died, and my mom is in jail because she abused me. I now live with my foster parents whom i have been living with for about 6 years. Im Skyler Rene Thompson, and this is my story.

****

So?! What did ya think? Leave feedback and constructive criticism in le comments and maybe vote for me story if you think I deserved it?(: thanks to whoever is reading this(: -Lexi:* MWAHH.