Chapter 3-Weirdo

Authors note: hey guys! I hope you've liked my story so far! This one is longer than the others because I realized my chapters are kindave short(:

-UNEDITED- just ignore any mistakes! I still need to clean up some of my writing(: sorry about that. Happy reading!

••••

Chapter 3

I came out of the bathroom with my hair in a side-braid and a tad of mascara. The delicious smell of cinnamon rolls and bacon filled the air. I knew Margraet was in a good mood when she actually cooked a meal instead of laying multiple selections of cereal on the counter for me to choose, and then going back to bed. Margraet was my foster mom, she said i was welcome to call her mom when i felt comfortable to. I did feel comfortable with margraet, but when i called her mom, it didnt feel right. Something about that word didnt work with margraet. Dont get me wrong, margraet is the best and the closest thing i have to a mom, but the word "mom" just doesnt click with her.

I hopped downstairs to eat breakfeast and greet margraet.

"Goodmorning! ready for your first day?" She asked with hope in her voice.

"Yeah! Because im totally pysched to be going to a new school with no friends and three brats who think they own the school!" I said with a wry smile.

"Alright sarcasm skyler, what led you to beleive the part about "the 3 brats." She said emphasizing the words "three brats."

"Hailey. She tells me everything that goes down at her school and i swear its better than cable!"

"Mhmm. Well ill beleive it when i see it!" She said while handing me a plate of break feast. I rolled my eyes. Margrate is the type of person who only beleives something if theres some type of proof to go along with it.

"I have to go to work and you have to get on the bus by 7:05, so hurry and finish your break feast. Have a nice day hun, love you!" And with that, margraet kissed me on my head and was out the door.

"Slow down hot stuff! Youre gonna loose your cool!" My foster dad, brent yelled.

"Trust me brent, shes already lost it i said while raising my eyebrows.

Brent chuckled and checked his watch. "Crap" he muttered. "Im going to be late for work so i've gotta run! dont forget to lock the door behind you bye!" I finished my break feast and put it in the sink. I checked my watch. "Only 6:45? I still have 10 minutes until I have to leave for the bus stop! Might as well make myself useful. I decided to turn on the T.V and " The Ellen show" was on. I yawned and rubbed my eyes.

"wнy aм ι ѕo тιred?" I thought to myself. I rubbed my eyes once more and checked the time. I gasped! 7:00?!

"Oh no. No no no this is NOT happening." I grabbed my bag and flew out the door. I ran and ran all the way to the bus stop. i was releived when i saw the bus, but my annoyed expression came back when i realized it was going away from my neighborhood. "Stupid stupid stupid" i said with my eye closed and my palm pounding my forehead.

"тнιѕ ιѕ wнaт yoυ geт ғor ιgnorong тнe voιce ιn yoυre нead even тнoυgн yoυ ĸnew ιт waѕ rιgнт"

i rolled my eyes at the voice while pacing back and forth. "What am i gonna do?" My alarm on my phone went off and i remebered that i forgot to turn it off when i woke up this morning. "Shut up!!" I yelled stupidly at my phone. As if it could hear me. i grabbed my phone from my pink and purple vera bradley backpack, and turned the alarm off. then, a bell in my head went off. "HAILEY! duh. I cant beleive i didnt think of this before! I whipped out my iphone and opened up the messaging app.

Skyler: "reмeмвer тнaт тιмe wнen ι ѕaved yoυ ғroм pυre eмвaraѕѕмenт wнen we were aт dυѕтιn'ѕ parтy,and yoυ alмoѕт ғell ιn нιѕ pool and yoυ тold мe тнaт ιғ ι needed anyтнιng aт anyтιмe, тo leт yoυ ĸnow? yeaн oĸay, well rn ιѕ тнaт тιмe."

Hailey: leммe gυeѕѕ...yoυ мιѕѕed тнe вυѕ and yoυ need a rιde? ѕo ғar yoυ doιng jυѕт ғaв on yoυr ғιrѕт day oғ ѕcнool ѕĸy! ĸeep ιт υp! ιll вe тнere ιn 5 loѕer(;

I laughed. Haileys comments always cheered me up. Even if they WERE insulting me in some way. We always joke around with each other like that. Its kinda our way to say "your the best friend ever ily" just...without all the lovey dovey best friend type stuff.

i used my backpack to shield my rear from the hard, dirty concrete. I sat there waiting for Hailey, probably looking like a 2 year old pouting about getting there candy taken away.

****

Finally, for what seemed like an hour, (i may be exaggerating...) Hailey finally came around the curb in her dark red convertible and honked so loud, Japan probably heard it.

"beep beep!"

I was happy Hailey got her dream car that shes talked about since we were little, but im a little jealous of her. Not just of her car, everything! unlike me, Hailey was pretty, non-awkward, and not afraid to be herself! shes still my best friend and always will be and im glad for that!

"yoυ woυld вe cloѕe тo нavιng yoιr own ιғ yoυ dιdnт ιnѕιѕт on goιng on a мajor вacĸ-тo-ѕcнool ѕнoppιng ѕpree." I gritted my teeth. The voice in my head just HAD to point that out.

"Shuddup." I told my voice as if it were a actual person. Thats the thing with me and my so-called "voice." You know that little voice in your head that talks to you? well i HAVE to talk back to mine. Most people just ignore theirs, but no. I have to answer mine if i want to get through the day. If i dont, it will bother me for the rest of the day. Its like theres a little tiny person in my thoughts that forces me to answer. I know, weird right? But thats just me. Last year i got labeled "the quiet girl." Maybe there will be a twist of events and this time ill get labeled "The weirdo." I snickered at my own thoughts.

Hailey laughed when she saw me sitting on the ground. "Get your butt off the ground and hop in" she said grinning.

I rolled my eyes. "thanks hailey you're my life saver right now."

"Uhuh. You're just lucky i happened to have enough time to pick you up. I hope we wont be late though, what time is it?"

"8:50."

Luckily we live pretty close to Hurstington high so we would have enough time to get there.

"Great, well make it just in time!" and with that, we were off. Off to a new school year. I would have begged Margraet to homeschool me if I knew what this school year consisted of... I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

****