Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Normal

My bottom lip was between my teeth, as I thought about what we could do. We could do something exciting and adventurous, but that is what he does for the living. He doesn't live a "normal" life, anymore though. Maybe I could take him away from the world. Well, his world at least.
And it has to be somewhere with a bit of privacy but not too much. I might have "known" him for years but that was just the image that the media (and himself as well) portrayed.

"Give me one sec. I have to check in with my boss. Then we can go carry out my brilliant plan. Stay right here."

I dashed off to the front where Jen was talking with a regular customer. I gave the lady a smile before excusing Jen and myself. I pulled her towards the sink, far away from Harry, and began to speak.

"He's here!! Jen, don't make any sound when I tell you this but.... Harry Styles is who I have been talking to this whole time."

I let that sink for a second or two before Jen went through several emotions. She smiled (it was so big I though her face would stay like that permanently), then bounced a little on her heals and started to laugh.

"I'm so happy for you! But I mean, seriously? How hilarious is your situation? You were taking to Harry about himself with out knowing it? This shit it straight from a book, or something."

"I know." I returned her smile. "I was wondering if I could take my break now and possibly steal some food? I'm taking him out."

"Scram. And be safe."

"Will do!" I called while walking to get a box for the treats.

I grabbed some cookies and a couple bottles of water. I put them in one of our little picnic baskets, that we bought for decoration, and grabbrd a little table cloth. I then quickly walked back to Harry. Smiling at him, I walked out of the door. He followed me but kept asking me where we were going.

"Trust me, it's nothing bad. I promise." I have him nod and a smile, trying to relax him.

"Okay, fine."

We walked beside each other, taking paths that not many came onto. I lead Harry into a little rocky path, shaded by trees, and once we broke through I could tell I had made the right choice of scenery. It was simple, no waterfall or cliff, just a little hill. It over looked the bakery and a playground. The schools were behind us, with kids playing soccer in the field.

I laid a table cloth onto the ground while Harry looked at the view. Carefully setting the food onto the sheet, I sat down. My eyes drifted up and I watched him as he smiled that the ordinary setting. A little smile of my own sat on my face. I felt good about my little plan.

Harry finally noticed that I want next to him and looked around. I let out a little laugh drawing his eyes to me. I motioned for him to take a seat while commenting.

"Going to sit?"

"Yeah. Thanks." He took a seat and smiled at my little display. "This is really cute."

"Thank you. I know it's nothing special but hey, normal is pretty good."

Harry took a bite of a cookie. "Yeah. Yeah, it is."

"So, talk to me. Tell me about yourself." I took a cookie of my own.

He shrugged. "You probably know a lot. What is there you don't know?"

"I know what I see on my little screens. The real deal is what I want."

He tilted his head to the side and gave me a slanted smile. "Well, if I talk so do you."

I nodded. "For sure."

And so we talked. I asked him little questions, if what the media said was true, what his favorite thing to do was, excetra. He then questioned me, asking just for my whole life story. And so I told him. I left out the pittyful details, just that my parents worked hut I had other people around me. He asked me about working in a bakery and I asked him.

We were there for a whil, but I knew my break was well past done. It sucks that I had to cut this little trip short but I had to. I was about to speak but I was beaten to it.

"So," Harry turned to look at the sky. "Why did you bring me here?"

I kept sitting while he laid back. "I just figured that with having a hectic life you might enjoy a little peace. You know, something people take for granted."

Harry didn't speak for a few seconds after my explanation. "It was great. Thank you."

"It was nothing. Everyone need thus sometimes."

"Even when they don't think they do."

I looked back at him, feeling a small smile on my face. His eyes were closed and his breathing calm. With his arms behind his head he was relaxed.

"I know you're looking." He chuckled.

I cleared my throat, blushing a bit. "I have to get back."

"Yeah, of course."

We stepped off of the cloth and packed up everything. Harry carried the basket while I held the table sheet. We walked back to the bakery in peace, no words being exchanged. It was nice to be with someone in a place that only you knew and to tell the stranger about it but saying nothing also had its own feeling of peace.

Standing in front of the back door, I looked at my workplace. I was going to invite him inside but I was sure he had enough of me. I turned around to say goodbye to Harry, the guy who was already staring at me. I blushed as I spoke and looked anywhere but his face.

"So, um," I trailed off flustered

I received a dimpled smile when I looked up. "Thank you for today. It was fun."

I smiled back. "Anytime. I'm glad you had a good time. I did too."

"Wonderful. I should, uh, get going now. I'll text you later."

A little giggle escaped me and my face was now on fire. I nodded and put some loose hair behind me ear. "Sounds good. See ya, Harry."

"See ya Nicole." He gave me one last smile and then handed me the basket. I watched me walk away. I was about to turn around when he looked back. He noticed me still looking and by then both of us had a bit of blush. I waved and got one back before walking inside.

I closed the door with a plain look on my face. Putting the basket and sheet on the counter I thought back to today. The smile that was on
my face stayed there for the rest of the day.

A/N

Ahuge thank you to everyone who is still reading this story. And to people who just started.

I know I haven't updated in forever and I'm really sorry. I'm getting a phone soon and I'm getting my laptop fixed.

I will be back and this story will continue.

So thanks again, I really appreciate it.

- H.