2: Everyone Knows

I quickly plastered my hand to my forehead in attempt to hide the mark from Louis.

“Hi Haz! I’ve missed you so much.” He exclaimed reaching out to pull me into a hug. I moved out of the way unprepared to move my hand from my forehead.

“I’ve missed you too.” I said through gritted teeth. I just needed him to go so I could deal with this situation. Then, out of nowhere Louis jock friends, Stan Lucas and Conor Maynard ran up to Louis staring at me nervously. “Why aren’t you guys at football practice?” I asked.

The guys kept silent so Louis just answered.

“We got the day off. Now I can spend it with you.” Louis said wrapping his hands around my waist. I wiggled out of his grip, afraid of him touching me. I wasn’t afraid of him, I was more afraid of what I’d do to him.

“Haz, are you pissed off at me or something?” Louis said giving me a sad look. “I asked you to come down last night but you were grounded. Are you upset about that?”

I gave an exasperated sigh and unwisely let my hands drop to my sides. I wasn’t meant to I was just tired. “Are you going to say any-”

Louis face went from cute puppy to shocked, his mouth hung open as he stared directly at me mark. Stan and Conner gasped at his side.

“What the hell it that? Are you Marked?!” Louis said scared. His hands were shaking as he reached up to touch the mark. I swiftly slapped his hand away. “Harry, you can’t be marked! We just basically started going out. I don’t want to lose you.”

“We’re not going out!” I practically doubled over, hacking a seriously nasty, phlegmy cough.

“Baby.” Louis came closer to help me but stopped halfway. Everyone around me was gawking at me. A heard a light cough to the side of me and realised Liam was still standing next to me.

“Hey, just because Harry’s a vampire doesn’t mean he isn’t the same!” Liam said defensively. I didn’t really want to be reminded of what I now was. It was nice of him to stick up for me though.

“He’s a fucking freak!” Stan shouted.

Stan’s insensitive words made the anger that had been festering inside my chest boil over. Ignoring the pain of the sun suddenly boring down on me, I stared straight at Stan, meeting his eyes. I heard Conor mumble cruel words in agreement and that’s when I completely lost it.

“Fuck off! You guys had a problem with me before I turned into a vampire and now you’re just using this as an excuse. I don’t need this crap from you people!” I screamed. I glared from Conor to Stan, there wide eyes stared back in fright. They both looked so scared. Suddenly I felt a tingling sensation crawling over my skin that made my new Mark burn. I felt its power. It was enjoying the anger.

“Haz? What the fuck?” Louis concerned voice broke my concentration, pulling my gaze from the other boys.

“I’m outta here!” Conor said, pulling Stan in the direction towards his BMW. Louis looked worriedly at his friends and as he grabbed Connor’s arm to stop him, Conor roughly pushed Louis back making Louis lose his balance and fly backwards onto the blacktop of the parking lot. Automatically I rushed to help him.

“Are you alright?” I said bending down to help Lou to his feet.

That’s when I smelled it. Something smelled incredible – hot, sweet and delicious. Was Louis wearing new cologne? Whatever it was smelled amazing. I didn’t realise how close I was to him until he stood up straight and our bodies were pressing together. He looked at me with a question in his eyes.  I didn’t back away from him. I should have. I would have before…but not now. Not today.