Chapter 8

A/N: I am so, so sorry I haven't been updating lately! School is making me really busy and I seem to have a bit of writers block... Ugh. But this story WILL go on and I'm hoping I'll have time for updating again in a few days. Once again, I'm really sorry! Oh and by the way, thank you so much for all the nice comments and votes on this story!

(Jade's POV)

I was seated at a table in Nando's, waiting for Jesy and Leigh to arrive. I nervously bounced my leg up and down under the table. It was so hard waiting on them when I had a best friend in the hospital, who I desperately needed to see as soon as possible. Finally, I saw Leigh-Anne and Jesy enter through the doors. I waved to them and they came over to the table. Jesy sat on my left and Leigh sat on my right.

"Hey babe how are you?" Jesy smiles sweetly at me when she gets seated.

I sighed "I'm fine... Well um actually there's something I have to tell-" I was cut off by the waiter before I could finish my sentence.

"Hello ladies, my name is Chad and I'll be your server for today. What can I get for you all to drink?" He asked us, smiling cheekily at us.

Chad looked like he was either in his late teens or early 20's. He had dirty blonde hair and dark brown eyes- kind of nice if you ask me. I swear, he was checking me out, if that's even possible when you're sitting down. But I was quite annoyed by that- I really wasn't in the mood for that kind of attention. We ordered our sodas and he left to go get them for us.

"So as you were saying, you have to tell us something?" Leigh asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, this morning, I got a call from Perrie's mum." I looked down into my lap and absently played with my bracelets as I struggled to speak. "A-and she said the doctors suggested to her that Perrie be taken off of life support." I felt tears prickling my eyes.

"Oh my god..." Leigh said.

I still didn't look up from my gaze towards the floor. They didn't need to see my face like this. I had to try to be strong.

"What is her mum going to do?" I heard Jesy ask worriedly.

I stared at my lap for a moment before lifting my head up to face them.

"Well... Perrie's mum has decided that if she doesn't w-wake up before tomorrow night, then..." I couldn't say anything else. It would've hurt too much.

Reality really sucks sometimes. I sighed and looked down again. A tear escaped my eye and slowly rolled down my cheek. I felt Jesy's hand on mine.

"Oh Jadey, please don't cry... Perrie is such a strong girl, and despite what the doctors say, I think she still has a pretty good shot at making it."

I held her hand and wiped away the tears with the other. I looked back up at her.

"I guess." I looked at her hazel eyes that were filled with visible sadness.

Leigh-Anne scooted her chair closer to mine and wrapped one arm around me. I leaned onto her, resting my head on her shoulder.

The rest of the meal was quiet, not too many words were spoken. After all, there really wasn't much to say anyways. When we finished eating, we went out to our separate cars and planned on meeting up at the hospital.

When I parked at the hospital, I quickly got out and headed towards the entrance across the parking lot. As I walked, I saw Leigh-Anne's car parked. I headed towards her and saw that she was still in the drivers seat. She had her face in her hands and was shaking. The closer I got to her car, the more it looked like she was crying. Poor Leigh. I made it to the shiny range rover and knocked on her window. She quickly wiped away some tears and runny mascara and looked up at me through the window. She looked so heartbroken. I stepped back a few feet and she opened the door. Once the car door was open, I immediately rushed to her side and hugged her.