Chapter 1: On The Train With Hermione

*Onyx*

All I could remember is my first and last name: Onyx Emerald, and I didn't even know if that's true. I was standing in a train station, between platforms 9 and 10. I was with an abnormally large suitcase with an owl cage on a cart with my name on it. Was I running away from home? I had a ticket, but when I looked at it I knew there had to be a mistake. The ticket said: 11:00, Platform 9 3/4. There is no train that leaves at 11:00 and there is no Platform 9 3/4.

Then I began to look around. It is 10:52. I had eight minutes before my train left. I turned around in a full circle, soaking in everything like a sponge. I turned around and bumped into two identical twins.

"Sorry," I said quickly, not because I wanted to, but because it was polite.

"It's okay," the first twin said. "It's not the first time we bumped into someone."

They turned around where a short, red-haired woman was trying to organize her kids. She was ushering them into a line, where they were facing the wall. 

"You first, George," she said, motioning to one of the twins. He took his cart and began to run to the wall. Is he absolutely mad? , I thought. I blinked, and when I opened my eyes he was gone. I watched the other twin do the same thing, but this time I kept my eyes open. He seemed to crash into the wall, but then he disappeared into the wall, which was something different. The woman and her husband went after a younger girl, and then a spiky-haired boy with glasses lined up for his turn. He took his cart and ran to the wall. I expected him to go through like the others, but he didn't. The boy collided with the wall and flipped over his cart, falling painfully onto the floor. Then his cart, which was already off-balance to begin with, tipped precariously over his head and then obliged to gravity. Ouch. For some reason, I thought this was funny, because I was laughing. 

"Blimey, Harry," said the red-haired boy standing next to him. He turned to me. "You go ahead."

I stopped laughing. "Are you serious?" I yelled. "You didn't just see him, like, decapitate himself for eternity?"

"Sometimes it doesn't work," he noted. I snapped, "I can see that."

"There's no need to be rude. Besides, you're going to be late for your train."

I grabbed my cart and walked to the wall. I slowly came to a stop and extended my arm as far as it would go. I pressed my palm to the wall and pushed. It came through.

I gasped and grabbed my cart. I quickly pushed it through the wall and came out into another train station. This time I was standing on Platform 9 3/4. The clock said 10:58. A train was parked on the tracks, and it was about to leave.

After I took care of my luggage and got onto the train, I wandered the hallways in search for an empty seat. Gosh, this train was crowded. I finally spotted a room with only one person sitting in it. It was a wavy-haired girl with a tabby cat sitting on her lap.

"Hello," she said. "Everywhere else is full, huh?"

"Yeah," I agreed. I hoisted up my suitcase to the rack and occupied the seat across from her, away from the luggage rack."I'm Onyx Emerald," I said, holding out my hand. She shook it. "I'm Hermione Granger." I noticed that I had a bag attached to my suitcase. I scooped it up in my hands and opened it. Inside were two instrument cases, both very long, but one shorter than the other, possibly piccolo and flute, a sketchbook, a boxy pencil case, and a small, long box with my name on it. I lifted the box out and raised it to my eye level to examine it.

"Are you going to open it?" Hermione asked. "Maybe," I said. I carefully placed it on my lap and gently took both sides of the lid with my hands. I pulled them upward and the lid came off. I peered inside.