Lost In Love ( URBAN FICTION )

Kaidyn

We were watching T.V. in my bed.

"What are we doing this weekend?" Dandria asked.

Chantel sat up.

"Bitch, I gotta go outta town this weekend to visit my Aunt Jackie, so I won't be doing much of anything." Chantel spoke and turned in my direction.

"Kaidyn, what about you?"

I looked away from the television.

"I didn't have anything planned but I heard Sanya was throwing a house party." I said.

I turned my attention back to the screen and began to zone back into the show. Dandria stood up and placed her hand on her hip.

"So do you wanna go?" Dandria and Chantel were now looking in my direction. I stared directly at the television.

"Umm.. I don't really have anything to wear, and my gramdma wants me to help her with something this weekend." I said regretting that I suggested the party. Dandria smacked her lips and rolled her eyes at me.

"Dria, you know she ain't going anywhere. She been stuck in this house the past two weekends since Chris dropped her ass!" Chantel said.

I gave Chantel a 'what the fuck are you talking about look'. She was right. As much as I tried to deny, I knew deep inside it was true.

Chris and I had been going steady for about 4 months. I noticed that as each day passed, we were talking less and less. Two weeks ago, I was leaving out of 4th period, as I walked down the hall I noticed Chris with his arms around Aaliyah's waist. As I walked closer, he looked in my direction, not attempting to move. I approached the two and said "What the fuck is this?" looking at Chris, ignoring Aaliyah. She then shot back "What it look like? Obviously you ain't been taking care of yo' business. So I decided to handle it." I began to feel myself become furious. I then spoke.

"Is that what it is Chris?" He smirked a little and looked away, still standing behind Aaliyah. I stormed off. As I was walking, I heard Aaliyah say "Bye Virgin Mary!"

If on cue, I heard Dandria say "Girl, you can't be stressing yourself over one nigga! There are so many niggas in the city, you are bound to find a new one." snapping me out of my daze. Chantel cut in and said "But that's the thing, she aint tryna find nobody. She stuck on that one nigga!" They both were laughing.

"I really wish ya'll would get a new hobby instead of worrying about who I fuck with!" I snapped.

"You ain't fucking with nobody." Dandria spoke, putting emphasis on her her words.

Dandria and Chantel began to laugh. I didn't find it funny. I mean being a virgin at sixteen was a good thing.

They were both having sex and would tell me about it, but that was it. I often thought about having sex, but never did it. I kissed a couple of guys but nothing more.

"So, you going to the party or not?" Dandri asked.

I really wanted to go, but what if Chris was there with that bitch, I would just die. I started to answer when my grandmother entered the room.

"Alright girls, time to take ya'll lil' fast asses home." She said smiling.

"Okay Ms.Jenna." Chantel said.

My grandmother looked at me and smiled. Dandria and Chantel got there bookbags and began to leave. Dria turned around and said "I want my answer when I see you at school tomorrow." I folded my lips and said "I'll see you tomorrow."

I showed them out and went back into my room.

I found my night clothes and put them on my bed, went to the bathroom, and ran my bath water. I undressed and stepped into the steaming how water. Sitting down in the water, I began to bathe and think about what I would decide to do this weekend. Was Chantel right? Was it that obvious that I was depressed about Chris? Hell na, fuck him. I was enjoying myself this weekend. I got out of the tub when I noticed my fingers and toes were wrinkle. I dryed off, wrapped the towel around me, and went into my room. Closing the door and locking it, I sat on my bed and unwrapped the towel. When I looked at the wall, I saw my naked reflection from a narrow mirror that was hanging. My size B breast were perky and matched my full legs and hips, I admired my body. I began to rub lotion over my skin and after I finished, I put my night clothes on and began to wrap my long black hair around. I stared at the mirror when I was finished. I reminisced about how Chris would always place is thumbs on my deep dimples. My smile soon turned into a frown when I thought about the current events. I got into my bed and thought about how Chris had played me. Aaliyah was just a hoe, and soon Chris' hoe ass would be on to the next bitch, and Aaliyah would be looking stupid as fuck.

"Stupid bitch" I mumbled.

I soon drifted off to sleep.