Chapter 18 Chantel

CHANTEL

      I haven't talked to Marcus since the night I got out of his truck. I really miss him but I'm tired of him taking me for granted. Marcus really hurt me that night. I want to be with him, but I can't let him walk all over me. I was in deep thought, the rest of my bath. When I got out of the bathtub. I went to my room and got in the bed before mom entered with a warm smile.

"Hey, baby."

"Hey, mama."

She looked around, observing in her condescending manner, before taking a seat on my bed. "You need to clean up in here. I'm going to Mary's house in two weeks and she wants to see you."

I really didn't care for, Mary even though was my step dad's mom. She lived in Florida and would barely visit, always having an excuse on why she couldn't. We would always have to go see her and she always had an attitude.  

"I don't wanna go."

"I don't care what you want."

"Ugh." I mumbled.  

"We're going, Chantel and that's final." She rose from the bed and left the room without another word.

    The next morning I woke up early, dressing myself for the weather. I decided to walk to the store around one. It was hot, and I was glad that I chose to wear shorts. On my way to the store, I noticed that outside the small market, was a group of niggas crouched down, shooting dice. I began to walk past them, preparing myself to ignore any foul comments.

"How you doing today?" This dark-skinned guy with dreads called, looking away from the dice game.

When I didn't respond, he grabbed my arm.  

"Fine. Can you let go of me?" I asked, pulling my arm away and giving him a scowl.

"Aye man, leave them hoes alone and get this money." Marcus called, rolling the dice, before looking up and recognizing me recognize him. "Chill out, Blue." He said to the guy pulling my arm.  

Blue released me with a smirk.

"I'll be right back." Marcus informed the crowd of guys shooting dice, before rising.

He stood up just as I began to walk in to the store, and followed.

"Why you wearing that shit? You just want somebody to see yo ass! You walkin' around here barley dressed and crying when a nigga try to get at you." He barked, following me through the aisles.  

I rolled my eyes, while looking through the snacks. "I can wear whatever I want, don't worry about who's looking at me! We ain't together!"

"Man, you on some other shit."

"Exactly, you're just another nothing ass nigga! Why are you here? Go back to your game outside. Just stay away from me because I can't stand your ass!" I said picking up some candy, before he moved closer to me.  

"You can't stand me?"

I glanced back and noticed thathe was staring at my ass. Marcus quickly  looked up, when he saw me peeking in his direction and I rolled my eyes, while walking away.

"You not even trying to give a nigga a chance." He remarked, pulling my wrist in attempts to stop me, before I snatched away.

"A chance to do what? Fuck over me... again?"

I began to walk away, towards the counter, placing my items down.

"See there you go running away from me like you always do. But I know why you running away."  

I looked at him and cut my eyes. "Why Marcus?" I asked unconcerned.

"Because you love me....but it's cool I love you too. I'm just not gone chase yo ass like them other niggas."

He walked past me and left out of the store, full of pride. He was right, I did love him.

    I paid for my candy and left the store. When I was outside, the dice game that once took place, had turned into a small standing crowd. I saw Marcus talking to Blue and I walked to them. "What's up ma, I see you decided to come back for me." Blue spoke looking me up and down.  

"Not for your ass!"

Blue looked at me funny and shrugged his shoulders as I glanced at Marcus. "I need to talk to you."

He continued to talk Blue and ignored me. "I know you hear me!"

   He still didn't respond, giving Blue all of his attention, and causing me to turn and walk off. When I realized he was not going to follow me, I turned around and I walked towards him again.   

"Let's go!"

I started pulling his arm and he finally walked with me.  

"See if that was my woman she wouldn't be telling me what the fuck to do." Blue called as he walked off. 

"That's the thing, she ain't yours." Marcus spoke while smiling down at me.   

Blue shook his head and walked away, towards the crowd.

After the both of us took our seats in the vehicle. Marcus put the truck in gear and we pulled off in silence.  

"You miss me?" Marcus asked, breaking the silence.  

"You know I miss you." I answered while staring at him.  

"I miss you too."

I leaned over and kissed him on the cheek before sitting back.  

"Well, why you playing with me, like you don't want me?"

"I want you, but you want everybody but me." I spoke truthfully, a bit hurt at the truth.

He shrugged his shoulders.  

"You know you have to make this up to me right?" I asked poking my bottom lip out. He smirked when catching my insinuation and ran his hand up my thigh.  

"That's why you been bitchin', you horny, huh?"

I nodded my head sheepishly, while trying to hold back my smile.  

"Well if I do you, will you do me?"

I looked at him like he was stupid and crossed my arms. "Hell no!"

We were now stopping at a red light and Marcus cut his eyes at me.  

"You can't be doing that shit Chantel. I eat you out all the time and you can't even give me head. That's fucked up bruh."

I only glanced out of the window. I've never sucked dick and I didn't want to start.... well eventually,  but not this soon.