Swimming

Quickly I rise above the surface and begin to float. I immediately start to swim to the opposite end of the lake using all my strength to propel me forward. No one knows I can swim, well no one can swim in the Psych. Because there’s never been anywhere to learn to swim, or anyone to teach us...Until I found my little lake, I found it around 3 years ago when I was 12 and I begun to teach myself to swim. I’m now fifteen and swimming is just as easy as walking to me, I come here most mornings before school...Whilst everyone sleeps! As I climb out of the water I start to shiver as my full body drips with water! I push my soaking hair out of my face and walk towards my shoes and my clothes stick to me. I pull of my shoes and socks and Im already running, dashing back through the trees without a second thought about my now throbbing cut!

          As soon as I reach the back door of building 221 I push it open with my back, im no longer shivering, and my clothes have dried off a bit. I sprint up the three flights of stairs to my apartment, which I share with my best friend Wynter. As I pull my key out and slip in the door, I quietly rush to the bathroom. Easily I shower and find new clothes before I hear Wynter get up and then I walk out the bathroom. Wynter sits groggily on the couch a bowl of cereal in her lap. She smiles at me before I stroll into our shared bedroom. Quickly I dry my hair using just a towel, and then brush it. My hair is always easy to handle as it is cut into a pixie style, with just a sweeping side fringe that covers most of my forehead. Casually I come back out of our bedroom and begin to make myself some cereal, as its all the breakfast material we have. I scoff it down fast enough that I get the hiccups.