Wynter

Slowly Wynter comes back into our small space which could be called a living room and I scan her outfit for today. She is wearing a white skater skirt and a red lace belly top. Her hair is as it usually is, tied up in a high ponytail using a ribbon, colour co-ordinated obviously. A lot of her tanned skin is shown off and I inwardly cringe, where did she get all this confidence? I remember 11 year old Wynter who would wear long sleeved jumpers and baggy jeans, and get embarrassed when she dropped a pencil. Now she’s a bubbly, confident girl and nothing can faze her...Oh how people change.

          I know it’s time to leave when Wynter throws my bag to me, I get up pull on my backpack and we leave together. SHOOT! I forgot to clean or dress my cut, i start to feel a throbbing pain in my leg which sends a shooting pain up my leg every time I take a step. By the time I get to school I’m practically limping. I just have to get through the day and I can get home to dress my cut! Lethargically Wynter and I sit on the wall and I check my timetable...Double PE. I’m never going to be able to manage with my cut, my best option would be to go home now, and tell Wynter I’m sick, she can tell the teachers...So I ramble on to Wynter and she gives a sympathetic nod and then a hug. Automatically I set of home at a brisk pace.