Chapter Two

This chapter is dedicated to my good friend Lindsay, the inspiration for Ashley! <3

“Oh I watch you there, through the window, and I stare at you, you wear nothing but you, wear it so well, tied up and twisted, the way I’d like to be...”

~Crash Into Me, by The Dave Matthews Band

-------

DATE: SEPTEMBER 18TH

TIME: 11:48PM

TITLE: JASMINE AND ALADDIN

Roe is so beautIful. Even so Late at night. It’s all I can think about as I stand here and watch her in this perfect view. She wants tO be watched. I know it. Why else would she buy an apartment with so many windows? So she can be watched. Why does she leaVE the drapes open? So she can be watched. Why does she walk around in such skimpy clothes? Why? She wants me, I know it. I wonder if she knows I watch her. Do YOU see me ROE? Do you know I’m watching you? You’re so beautIfuL. I wOn’t leaVE you. I need you. Can YOU see what I’m doing ROE? I desire you. I need you. But you’ll never see me. I’m so beneath you. You are Jasmine and I am Aladdin. You need to see me. I need to make you see me.

~~

“Oh my God...” I groaned, my head spinning. “He... He...” I started hyperventilating, my world spinning where I sat. The computer screen blurred in my vision with my sudden burst of tears, my heavy breathing and pounding heart doing nothing to warm the chill that was taking over my bones. The fear started from my marrow, creeping through sinew and tissue, freezing my body from the inside out. I gagged as I looked around the room, my eyes darting as I slid off of my bed.

I staggered forward, tripping and falling halfway to my bedroom window, before freezing. ‘What if... He’s there right now?’ I thought as I slowly rose up to my knees, staring at the glass ten feet in front of me. ‘What if he sees me when I go to close the blinds? What if he tries to come in?...’

Closing my eyes, I thought hard. There was no way I could let him scare me. It’s probably some punk playing a joke on me, yeah... That’s all... In a sudden burst of courage, I leapt forward, meeting the window in a panting rush. The small alley way outside my floor was empty of all life, illuminated from the street lights only feet away. Practically melting in relief, I shut the blinds and locked the window, before making my way back into my bed.

From my room, only one window could catch sight of me, especially with my door closed, and I just... Just didn’t feel safe going outside my room. I’ll close all of them tomorrow, when the sun was up.

My comfy, plush, purple comforter was pulled up to my neck as I opened the page up again. I started from last month, feeling too frightened to go further back from there. Many were small, just a few sentences, or a candid picture of me in class, or me grabbing coffee. But the longer ones... I felt like they were so much more important. I skimmed through some filler entries, before another one caught my eye. It was posted right after David and I got together.

~~

DATE: SEPTEMBER 21ST

TIME: 1:34PM

TITLE: I WILL NOT BE FORSAKEN

He doesn’t deserve you Roe. He Isn’t good enough for your beauty. No. No!!!! I WILL not be forsaken, I will not be abandoned. How dare you cheat on me with this jocKy dumb ass? I’LL make HIM regret it. I will. He won’t make you happy. Only I will. No one can make you happy but me. No one. No one is good enough. Only me. You chose him over me. I need to prove my worth to you. I’ll... LEAVE you a present today. YeaH that’s what I’M going to go... You will love it. I will prove my worth. You will love me.