Chapter Three

(Im dedicating this chapter to Playrite because she's been one of the most loyal followers of mine! Thank you so much for the support!!)

“'Cause these eyes can see right through you, don't be surprised when I read your mind, and don't you bother lockin' up them doors, 'cause I'm already here inside… People don’t understand, people like me."

~ “People Like Me” by Trey Lockerbie

A smile.

A laugh.

A blush.

Anything?

Why couldn’t she see?... I did this for her. I love her, yet she doesn’t understand.

I could barely take control of the rage that suddenly gripped my system. “No!” I shouted, “D-Damn it!” In a fit of emotion, I spun around and laid a hard punch on the plaster of my bedroom wall. The vibrations of the hit radiated through my knuckles, and it took a full thirty seconds for the pain to travel to my mind.

My knees gave out, causing me to crash to the floor. My eyes welled up with tears, only adding to the pathetic feelings that were clenching on my heart, a vice grip of pain, throwing the useless rage away.

She doesn’t love me back; she doesn’t see all of the care that I put into her, the adoration that I feel every time I looked into her eyes. She doesn’t understand me.

Sitting on the floor of my room, I barely resisted from hyperventilating from the emotions gripping me. I looked around the confining box where I lived, at all of the work I’ve put into her. Computers were everywhere, playing live feeds from the small spy cameras I had hidden in places she frequently visited, so I could watch over her.

Protect her.

I just want to keep her safe… I love her.

Why doesn’t she see that I’m her guardian angel? Here to protect her from everything and everyone. Even from herself. She doesn’t realize how much I work on keeping her safe.

I struggled to stand up on my shaky legs, rushing over to the computer with my blog open, stumbling on the way. My vision was wavering from the rush of hormones in my body, reacting to my haywire emotions. I sat down in the chair, breathing deep, trying to calm myself down before I continued. Roe needed me calm, she needed me calm…

The mantra helped. I finally looked up to the screen, moving to the private comments section of the page. I had them hidden from everyone that wasn’t a member or follower of the page. I also had an IP block on it, so that even if Roe became a member, she couldn’t see the adoration of the other men who follow her every move through me. She only needs to see my love, not theirs.

There were two notices for me.

20 new followers.

10 new comments.

My thin lips curled into a smile when I saw the news. I loved when people took notice of me, of my blog, sharing the love that I had for Roe.

These were people like me. In this world, this little fantasy land, I felt accepted. It’s an emotion I’ve never been familiar with. A warm emotion; a safe one.

With my smile still in place, I read through some of the comments.

RickeyRoger45 said, “She’s so beautiful, you’re so lucky.”

SumerianHaze replied, “Where can I find one?”

There were seven more comments like this, seven more people encountering the love I had for her. However, one comment was wrong…

KittyKat38 posted, “U bastard! UR so SICK!!! How could u do this to some1? Does she even no? What the hell mann!!!”

I scoffed as I read it, this woman doesn’t understand. How could I expect her to? With a roll of my eyes, I deleted the comment, before opening up my tracking program and sleuthing. It took an hour to locate her IP address, but I found it, and blocked it, just to be safe.

“She’ll never be able to read it again.” I smiled to myself, feeling satisfied that she wouldn’t be a bother anymore. Reading through comments always calmed me down, no matter how I was feeling, even if I was hurting.

Speaking of hurting…

The pain was still in my knuckles, and as I examined them, I realized they were swollen, purple, and probably broken, but I didn’t care nearly as much now. Injuries happen when you’re protecting someone, it’s natural. I need to get used to it if I’m going to have her one day. I need to make sure that no one in the world can take her away from me.

The thought came with a feeling of unease. I looked down at my body, flexing my long gangly arms, the paleness of my skin no surprise to me. If I were to look in a mirror I’d see a tall twenty year old man…Who looked more like a seventeen year old boy.

Any muscles I had were lacking, and my appearance made me seem malnourished and weak.

How could I protect Roe in this state?

A dark feeling spread throughout me, making my lips curl into an evil smile. I walked over to my main desk, where an inconspicous bottle of pills sat.

Waiting.

Eager.

All I needed to do was take these, work out, and eat more meat. That’s it… Easy.

My eyes trekked slowly up, my  eyes meeting the photo I had hung up, Roe’s beautiful smile caught on candid camera, her hand locked with her, I swallowed down my rage… Boyfriend.

I’ll protect you Roe. I’ll get stronger than… Than him. I’ll save you from him.

You don’t love him anyways.

-----

I AM SO SORRY THAT I TAKE FOREVER TO UPDATE.

Things have been tough! I have like pounds of homework every day...

Anyways!

I hope you all enjoyed :) I know it's short but it's something!

<3 Jenna