Chapter 1

Sean's POV

It was the last day of Christmas break. I decided I was just gonna chill at home and watch supernatural.

Lying in bed at 1 am, eating gummy bears and watching demons get their asses kicked had never felt so satisfying.

There had been a storm going on for the last two days, people were advised to stay in their homes and stay calm. My dog, Scooby, obviously didn't understand the stay calm part though as he kept barking at the window and howling.

I threw a pillow at him annoyed. "Dude, I am trying to watch something here."

Yes, I call my dog dude. In fact, I have whole conversations with him sometimes. Something not many people are aware of...

He barked back at me annoyed then pounced on my gummy bears.

It was done before I could even react. He had slobbered or eaten all the gummy bears leaving me with nothing to eat.

He lay down on the bed next to me in content and waggled his tail happily. His yellow eyes looked up at mine as if he was the most innocent little thing in the world.

Innocent my ass. You know that excuse, my dog ate my homework? Scooby actually did eat my homework once, but of course nobody believed me. My dad and my teacher did NOT find it amusing. Long story short I was grounded for a week for something this little pest did.

I scowled at him "Bad, Scooby." but he just cocked his head at me. His cute little ears perked up.

I gave up trying to make him feel any sort of regret. He was just too cute to be mad at.

I dragged myself out of bed and ran out the door then down the stairs.

As I reached the kitchen the white marble floor underneath my feet was cold. I shivered once I opened the refrigerator door and stared at our poorly stocked fridge.

"You're a woman now!" yelled my dad from the living room.

Followed by the sound of my sister Mary crying loudly.

What? It's way too late for any of this. I rubbed my tired eyes and made my way over to the living room. There sat my sister crying, my dad looking like the clueless idiot he usually looks like.

"Sean, you sister just had her first period!"-Said my dad for some unknown reason excitedly.

I took a better look at my sister. The poor thing was sitting in a pool of her own blood. Kinda gross... Will that leave a stain on the couch?

"Wait until I tell Uncle Jack about this! Sweetie, don't cry this is a good thing! But don't think that just because you've got your period now it means that you can go around having sex with boys!" said my dad waving a finger in front of Mary's face. Thank the good Lord I wasn't born a girl.

Her tear stained face resurfaced from her hands and her small mouth fell open in shock at my dad's words. She abruptly started sobbing all over again, even harder than before if that's possible.

We don't even have any girl "stuff" in the house. Shit, I'm going to have to go out and get some... The thundering outside got louder as if laughing in my face and saying "Come out to play with me, Sean." I frowned and looked back at my sister.

I decided to put the girl out of her misery and intervene. I crouched down in front of her and took her hands away from her face. Her baby blue eyes looked into my own with nothing but sadness and I felt my heart drop even though this was kind of funny.