Young Forever

Sorry for the long ass wait. School and Exams are dragging me down but here is Young Forever (finally, it really has been forever).

So, we've run through 'I Need U' and 'Run', so this is the most logical. Series right? So, if you haven't read the last two, go ahead, I'll be tying this together. If you have also never seen the prologue, I suggest you check it out too.

Young Forever is the "acceptance" stage. The stage where all the boys must accept what they've done in life, accept their mistakes and accept Jin's death.

***

The video starts with BTS' logo of their album and a date, (probably the release date of the album) it then disappears and fades away, creating the album's name, "Young Forever".

We hear wind in the background as we see two gates and then a view of a maze from birds eye view. We see static like a TV and birds flying, suggesting they are now free, as the music starts.

Then we see reels of film with pictures. This suggests the boys' are digging into their memories and remembering something. It freezes on RapMon, back to us. The screen goes yellow and we are taken back to real life, RapMon now in motion, walking forward.

He is walking through the maze. Let's say that this maze is their memories and their tough times. They need to escape it to continue with life.

RapMon puts his hand on the maze net, and brushes past quickly, suggesting he was able to move forward the easiest, as he did the least damage to everyone and himself.

We then see Jin holding onto the maze gates like he depends on them, his eyes teary, looking into the distance. He lets go and we see the sky in a slanted angle. We then see clips from I Need U, where Jin opens the curtains and he lays on the bed. This goes back to the film reel as they are memories.

A shot of Jin becomes a burning photo, also linking back to I Need U and run, where Jimin burns photos of the whole band. We see loads of photos burn. Some of the pictures are identifiable, like one in which J-hope and Jimin lay in pillow feathers after their pillow fight in the hospital room in Run.

We see a hand flicking a lighter. This hand is Suga's, as he leans against the fence with the lighter in his other hand. He had a lighter in I Need U as well, burning his entire room. Which we then see.

Now we see Jung Kook. He looks to the left as feathers fly past. He is now sitting down leaning on the fence. He manages to grab hold of a feather. This suggests he wants to be free from this burden, but also remember Jin respectively. We see clips from I Need U and Run pass by to. He lets the feather go and through a nice transaction we see J-Hope.

An open container of pills lays on the floor by the feathers, linking back to J-Hope taking them in I Need U. We see clips from I Need U, again, (I presume this will happen to all members repeatedly so I'm going to call the memories from now on).

Another nice transaction, we see Jimin holding the gate, his hair is wet, from the constant baths he had in I Need U. We see a tap drip and the memory from the end of Run where Jimin throws the burning picture to the ground. He continues walking, as he can get through this. We see him from an upper angle. This is normally used to make figures seem more powerful. He starts running, and another transaction goes to

V. V is running through the maze crazily, in a smart attire, his tie loose and his shirt untucked. This suggests he's trapped the furthest in. He tries to leave but he's done the worst in the group. Killed his father (See first chapter). As the chorus starts, the camera just leads us through the maze. V is shown from top view quickly and we see a tv splash.

Man, V really seems to be struggling here. We see memories of V this time. And now we see all the boys escaping the maze at their own pace from the birds eye view. This means that they are getting through on their own without any help.

Now we see memories of ALL the boys , having fun. They're in their youth. The songs name is Young Forever after all. They don't want to grow up, the want to stay this way. Keep their friendships going. Jin's death has split them all up and this song is how they get back together by forgiving themselves and accepting. They need to push through this phase.

Now we see two of them leave the maze, (I can't really tell who they are because I can't see their faces).

V is now alone in the maze. The sun is setting. The other boys wait for him as he leaves. He walks in the middle of them, as they all walk on a road. Happy faced, they're finally free. We see a quick memory of Jin about to take a photo (from the Prologue), leading into a string of pictures. Maybe Jin was taking photos just for this. To remember everyone if they ever break up like this again.

They all run together as a plane flies over their heads. (Remember this plane, we see it in later videos). We then see the TV again. It says their album name Young Forever and then the screen fades black.

***

Hope you liked this analysis! Again, sorry for the long wait.

I'm not sure what video to do next, but I think FIRE is the one. The story gets a little complicated there. The thing I normally use to watch the video broke (my Vita got the blue light of death ;-;), so I used something else and it was kind of weird to me. But anyway,,

Thanks for reading! Feedback is always appreciated.

Next Analysis: Fire