Ch. 28

Percy's eyes flash with anger. The emposui, Kelli, slithers...? Walks? Hobbles? Ok, well I don't know how to put it, but, she makes her way over towards Percy, "You. You have caused ssssso much trouble. Now, there are 2 of you!" 

                        "Two?" Percy asks, gritting his teeth. He looks towards me, "Dude! She's not a dude! I would not call us exactly alike."

                         Kelli calls some friends, "Well," She says as some more emposui come over, "if she is not your counterpart. Than she should not be able to fight as well as you. Let us test this theory." She deviously grins.

                         I look at Percy worried, "I can't-" He cuts me off, "Just try." 

                         Looking down in my hands I see the sword, the sword that is causing me so much trouble. The world spins around me. I'm scared. Scared on the inside, on the outside, and ever where in between. I can't do this. Yes, you can. The voice comes out of nowhere. I believe in you. Make the right move, it's your turn. 

                         For some reason, that strengthens me. I feel my hands fill with power. Hey, I think, were close to the lake, ocean, whatever. We can get wet. A smile comes to my face, my eyes light up, like waves in the ocean. 

                          I (non-verbally) call for water. It shoots out of nowhere and surrounds me. Percy, staring at me, slashes through an emposui without even looking. It turns to dust. My hatred, my anger, my rage, my sadness, my power, my everything comes out. Like like little water pellets or spikes the water slashes through emposui, turning them to dust. 

                          More come from the ground but my water's faster. Soon, I don't even notice it, Percy joins in. More water is taken and thrown at the emposui, they fall like fruit flies. But one remains. Kelli. She down on the ground, kneeling. It you wanna call it that. She's coughing water, no other of her kind around her.

                          Percy looks at me, "Do the honors." He held out his hands, one with his sword.

                         I walk up to Kelli, my hatred looming, but not controlling me, "I may not be a counterpart. But I don't have to be a counterpart to fight." I put my sword to her throat. She looks at me, "But you can't do it." She spits, "Your too weak."

                        My confidence shrinks. I think of my mother in the hospital. I would sleep by her bed side when she got sick. Sometimes when she wouldn't wake up I'd cry myself to sleep. I remember how hard to was to watch her go. I could never imagine taking a life coldblooded. I could never shoot somebody, or stab someone, I could set a trap. But nothing like this. Then I think how strong my mother was, she didn't need help, she wanted to help.

                       I pull my necklace out of my pocket and put it on over my head and pull up my hair. The last thing she ever gave me. She told me to be strong. I tighten my grip on my sword, "But with her I am strong." And with that, Kelli the emposui get's beheaded, and turns into dust.