4

I walked home later that day to go get some new clothes since I had been using the extra clothes in my locker at school.

"Hey (Y/n)..." A familiar voice said behind me.

"Hi Yata," I said without turning around.

"Where have you been? Homra and I have been so worried about you." He said.

"I've been helping out at the school for the festival, and I've been staying at the dorms."

"Well, next time, don't forget to call me and tell me where you are. I dont trust you alone anymore." He said.

"I'll be fine, I'm not a little kid." You said.

"Thats not it. You always do stupid shit when you're alone. If some bastard pulls a gun on you, you're done for. You're just like your brother. You can't protect yourself for shit."

"I can protect myself more than Totsuka could."

"No, you can't. You're an idiot when it comes to fighting." He said in a stern voice. The signature red aura surrounded me, barley noticeably.

"You're pissing me off, Misaki." You said coldly.

"First of all, don't call me Misaki! Second of all, the only time you defend yourself is when you're pissed off. If it wasn't for Mikoto, your beaten up ass would be somewhere in the streets begging for help." He said with a voice about as cold as mine. I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and pinned him against the wall.

"I'm not my brother," You growled. "And I'm not the little girl you take me for." You dropped his collar and let him go, burn marks in the shape of my hand singe the collar.

"God, you're so much like your brother." He whispered. I recoiled and took a deep breath.

"I know I am... But I dont be taken down so easily, I will fight until I can't fight any longer. I won't go down like he did. I want to protect myself and the lives of those around me. I know I can be stronger." I said.
He smiled at me. It looked almost sad. A pang of guilt hit me.

"Call me at least once every day. I want to know you're okay." He said

"I will." I replied.

"Damn, (Y/n)... Sometime when I wasn't looking, you grew up. And what a beautiful young woman you turned out to be. Both by face and by heart. Please don't ever change." He said after hugging me, then picking up his skateboard and walking out.

I felt uneasy.

I'm sorry, Yata. I don't love you like that.