Friends?

The fall changed everything. It was a mistake. But do our mistakes define us. Mine did.

Like I said before I was glad to go back to school from the hospital. Mostly to see Mia again. The second I walked through the kindergarten door I was starred at. I put my backpack down to join my table. The kids who were there backed away. But why?

It turns out the whole class (other then Mia) thought I was crazy sick and what i had was contagious. This went on for weeks on end. Me crying to my parents every night. And the nickname. the forever lasting, stupid, idiotic, dumbfounded, ...mean nickname. Hospitable baby. It must have been so funny because it still stuck with me today.

The avoiding me game got so popular Mrs.Annabelle (when she was still teaching) had to talk to the whole class. No the whole grade!. The teachers thought it worked but it didn't. Notes. I still have them in my junk drawer. Why? don't ask me they just never go away. Looking back on it it's quite funny. things like "Baby!!" or "Cootie Catcher" used to make me cry but it's so much worse now.

The only person who was ever really there for me was Mia. A pretty brunette girl with eyes as blue as diamonds and clothes that were always soft. She made me laugh when others made me cry. She'd leave me smiley face stickers when others would leave me notes. The truest of friends anyone could have. A person who would lie next to you in a hospitable bed and read you books. A true friend.

To this day she feels bad for my incident. But every time I tell her to not dwell on the past and then she calls me Gandhi. Though she was my best friend i never told her about my dreams. They just were to...to...creepy. Not the dreams themselves but what would you do if your best friend one day came up to you and said "I have dreams that tell the future" You would be a little cheeped out.

I know im hypocritical. I said not to dwell on the past while i'm telling you all about my "tragic" back story. So lets focus on the future.

Today the first day of 7th grade. A bunch of awkward tweens covered in sweat and acne forced to go to new schools with new people. Luckily Mia was there with me. Unfortunately most of the kids from my old school were there too. "Look it's a hospitable baby" a voice to familiar to my ear. Lucas Dello.

"Wow, did you go to the hospitable again you seem sick" he paused "no wait. that's how you always look!" he gang (or at least that's what he calls it) started to laugh. I didn't say anything I never did. Only Mia ever spoke out for me but she wasn't here yet. She usually ran late. "Are you gonna say anything or did the doctors disable that function too" He walked up to me. Slowly. I already felt the sweat running down my neck. I turned my back to him to try and run away. but he grabbed my shoulder and spun me around. Grabbed me by my shirt collar and pushed me down. That's when I heard a voice.

"HEY!" a voice I had never heard. A word I never heard from a person other then Mia in that tone. A tone that commands for someone to stop. And a boy I've never seen before. Dark curly hair big glasses. He was pointing at Lucas. But Lucus just looked over at him. Didn't say anything just stared. But then just when i thought he was about to tease or beat him to the ground. He laughed. Just laughed and laughed. Then his "gang" caught on and started to. It gave me time to run over to him away from the danger zone. He looked at me with big eyes. His face began to flush. "Hi, im Sam"