Equinox (Chapter One)

"12 Or to be precise..12:30." My mother warned. "Yeah yeah I'll be back." I said closing the door. My mother had given me a certain time to get back home. It's a freaking Saturday I'm not going to come back that early. I looked at my watch 9:56. Early ah. I started to walk down the side walk. I didn't really have any friends to hangout with. We just moved here a month ago and I haven't been able to make many friends. It was a rather cloudy day. I didn't have anything on my mind I just wanted to take a walk. I turned on main Street. Very bored now. I sighed heading to the nearby park. I surprisingly knew where this was.

The park was empty. I decided to walk down the nature trail and head home. The nature trail seemed to be just wood. I've only been threw it once. But I'm pretty familiar with its layout. I checked my pockets almost going into a panic because I didn't know where my phone was. I then remembered that I left it on my bed and I never brought it with me. "What do we have here?" A voice said starting me. I turned to my left to see him. "I apologize for scaring you." He said with a smirk. I felt really comfortable. Who was this person? Did they follow me? "..You didn't scare me." I replied dismissing my thoughts. "Haha okay human." He said looking at me. I find it weird that he just called me a human. "Okay.." I said awkwardly. He shifted his hands in his pocket. "Oh how rude of me. My name is Jeremiah." Replied Jeremiah. I didn't feel the need to introduce myself. "Uh alright. Well I'm gonna go." I said taking a step near the entrance of the trail Jeremiah stepped in my way. "Vanee I'm gonna need you to come with me." He said. This puzzled me because I'm almost certain that I never said my name. "Ah no." I answered lately. "That wasn't a question. It was purely a statement." He said sternly. I started to fear my safety was in danger. I thought about running around Jeremiah or trying to push him down. The only thing was he was slightly taller then me. "Whatever your thinking we don't have time for." He said grabbing my arm. I jerked my arm away. Jeremiah's eyes suddenly turned a dark red. Woah this guy must be on serious drugs or I am, I thought to myself. "Why are you choosing the hard way this can be simple!?" He said trying to grab me again. I moved away sprinting out of the woods as fast as I could run. I didn't get as far as I wanted to. I felt myself being tackled then a sharp pain in my back. "I guess the hard way. But don't worry you'll be a good one." Jeremiah said. A good one? This echoed in my head as my vision faded, the pain increased as everything started turning black.