Chapter 2

After walking inside, I hang up my red coat and place it on the coat rack that my mother has placed beside the door to let it dry.

"Where were you?" My mother asks, "why were you outside?"

"I was just exploring," I lie.

"Well did you find anything?"

Yes I found a ghostly bartender who apparently seems interested in me. Ha, like I'm actually gonna tell her that.

"No, not really."

So I don't have to deal with anymore of my mother's questions, I decide to go upstairs and unpack.

"What I saw was not real," I keep repeating to myself. 

I reach my room and immediately dive into my suitcase as a distraction from earlier. I can't seriously be seeing ghosts. No, ghosts aren't real. I've never believed in ghosts. That is, until now. I continue unpacking, the feeling of someone else's presense still lurking with every step. I look around and feel relieved when I find to be the only one in here, but when I look once again, there he is.

Watching...........

Staring.........

It's creeping me out..........

"What do you want?!?" I yell to him, "why are you stalking me?!?"

The answer's simple. But apparently he doesn't do simple. He wants to make everything complicated. 

Just like his story........

I step back, only to find him approaching me with every step. I'm afraid to scream, but I'm not afraid to run....

"Sweetie what's wrong?" My mother asks, "you look as though you've just seen a ghost."

Literally.......

"N-n-" I pause as I catch my breath, "nothing. I just.....uh.....have to use the bathroom."

"Oh, well, it's that way."

I walk in, do my business, and walk out, only to nearly scream. As my mother's unpacking the dishes, the boy from the bar is standing right behind her with his hands held high, ready to scare her. 

"Mom look out!!!!" I scream, only resulting in him smirking.

Scaring my mother, she drops the plate and it shatters into a billion pieces on the floor. My cheeks turn a deep shade of red and I can tell he's laughing. Now I realize that he was never going to scare me at all, he was just teasing me. Son of a bitch.....and I was gullible enough to fall for his trick.

"Now look what you've done!" She scolds, "scaring me half to death. Go to your room and finish unpacking right now young lady!"

"Yes mother......" I whimper before sulking upstairs.

I don't understand why he's here. What does he want from me? Does he just want someone to screw with? Or does he actually want something more? As I sulk upstairs, those thoughts ring through my head. 

"Please don't torture me...." I whisper quietly enough so only I can hear.

I walk into my room, only to see the boy standing on my bed, well, more like hovering over my bed, but you get the idea. I step closer, but just that quick I step right back. I'm afraid of any sudden movements that he might make.

"Do you speak English?" I ask rather loudly, and then I realize that my parents are downstairs, "no?"

He doesn't seem to want to reply. Must be awfully quiet then. Quickly thinking, I pull a whiteboard and marker out of one of my many boxes and set them on my bed, hoping he'll catch on.

"Use those to write. We can communicate that way," I state, "can you hear and understand me?"

He nods happily. I don't know why he's so happy considering he's dead, but I guess he's one of those people that always look on the bright side. 

"What's your name?" I ask.

He looks down at the whiteboard, so I quickly dive in to help him. I pick up the board and marker and hand them to him, in which he nods a simple thank you. He takes a seat on my bed and I stand and patiently wait for him to write out his name. Thinking of something, I turn around to check that my bedroom door is closed and locked. I don't want my parents walking out and thinking I'm crazy. I'm sure he can find a way to quickly disappear, but I'll be left talking to myself and for that they might ship me off to a mental institution. I look back over to the boy just as he's turning the board to me, revealing his name.

Harry Styles.

"That's a lovely name," I smile and then continue, "Harry."

He smiles happily, causing me to giggle. 

"How-" I begin, but then quickly stop myself.

I was going to ask how old he was, but that's probably not the best question to ask him right now. I look around my room for inspiration for my next question. I don't want to get too personal but I also want to know how he ended up in this state of condition. 

"Dinner's going to be ready soon!" I hear my mother yell up the steps.

"Harry I better-" 

I begin to turn around to tell him that I have to leave to go get cleaned up for dinner, but I stop midsentence when I see him turning the whiteboard around. I read his handwriting, only to blush at his kind words.

I like you :)