Chapter Twenty Three

The entire Dark Moon pack were waiting for me in the clearing when I got there with the guys. I had slept in so I was late and I could tell nearly everyone was annoyed at my tardiness.

"Hey guys, thanks for coming and I'm sorry I'm late." I greeted everyone but I wasn't really sorry and some people guessed that. A few girls scoffed and looked at me in distaste whilst the people that actually wanted to improve their skills nodded.

"Why are we even here? It's not a training day and some people actually have a social life." Hailey whined from somewhere in the back and I resisted rolling my eyes.

"Your Alpha has decided the pack haven't improved enough to his liking so he has asked me to train you every day. I know most of you won't think this is great but he thinks this is for the best since we don't have much time left before my pack and I leave. We will do different training every day, today we will do fitness and if you have a problem with this then you can see me or your alpha. No one gets out of this, it is compulsory. Any questions?" I addressed everyone, taking in everyone's expressions to see if I would have any problems.

Most people seemed okay with it, some were even happy about the extra training and there were very few who seemed like they wanted to challenge me about this.

"I'll take that as a no then. If everyone starts improving I can make it so we don't train every day and if anyone that wants extra training with my pack they can talk to me and we'll sort something out." I said with a smile. Some of the fighters that took their training seriously looked like they would take me up on the idea.

"Alright then, lets start with the run." Everyone started running, pushing themselves to get faster. They had improved greatly when running in human form but they still weren't as fast as my pack.

*

Everyone was sweating by the end of the training session. Some people were collapsed on the floor due to exhaustion whilst others were bent over with their hands on their knees trying to get oxygen into their lungs. I grinned to myself, this was proof that the training had been a success and everyone had pushed themselves hard enough. 

A group of fighters approached me, they were still slightly out of breath and had some sweat on their foreheads but overall they didn't seem that exhausted. I smiled at them and the tallest one spoke up.

"Would you and your pack be able to train us to fight better? You're all great fighters and we want to be able to fight like you, you could kick anyone's ass." I smirked at his comments.

"Of course but there's no need to suck up, that won't make your skills improve. We'll train tomorrow morning at five, if you want to improve you need to push yourselves to your limit and then some." I told them all.

They thanked me and walked away, but I could hear someone tell the guy 'I told you not to suck up, you idiot'. I laughed quietly to myself, shaking my head before turning to see if any of the guys were still here. Only Tyler and Aiden came to training today since everyone else was talking with Alex but Carter and Hunter had been training today.

I couldn't see Tyler or Aiden anywhere so I started walking back to the pack house, not wanting to stay by myself watching everyone try to get their heart beats back to a normal pace. My walk was interrupted though by someone's sweaty arm being thrown around my shoulder.

I didn't even think, just reacted and grabbed the arm, turning so I had it twisted behind the guy's back and threw him to the ground. Once I had him pinned I looked at him, knowing it wasn't anyone from my pack or Hunter. 

"Jesus Harley, mind getting off me?" Carter choked and I grinned sheepishly. I released his arm and stood up, holding a hand out to help him get up. Everyone was watching us but they went back to what they were doing once Carter was back on his feet.