chapter 2

Ryders pov

I was finally mated. I praised the wolf spirits for mating me to my grade school crush. Wynter. Now the only bad thing about this is I know he isn’t gay. It may not seem like it, but me and wynter were friends before him and carol-ann got so close. I know that if he was gay he would tell me. Right…? Even though he isn’t gay I know that him being my mate he must feel something towards me. The only thing to do is tell him, and I will have to make it special. I was so caught in thought I didn’t even realize I had made it to my locker until I felt a punch come to my shoulder and turn my head to see my bestfriend, damian rogue. “dude I just smashed some fag” he said laughing. “you do realize that im bisexual right?” as I say this realization flashes across his face. “oh….sorry.” He may be a total air head sometimes but we have been friends since middle school….since me and wynter stopped being so close. “anyway who was the guy you beat up?” I ask not really caring. “oh just that nerd wynter something ano- HEY MAN! What was that for?!” he screams as I punch him in the stomach. “I have told you to leave wynter alone, He is off limits damian!” I scream. No one and I mean NO ONE touches my mate! “sorry man but he is a fag he needs to learn his les- WHAT THE SQUID MAN?!” he screams as I knee him in the groin. “I told you to leave him alone.” I say as I walk away. I need to find wynter. As I pass the boys bathroom I smell his scent and hear sobbing. “Winnie hun are you in there?” I say softly while knocking. “g-go a-away ryder.” He mumbles so quietly I wouldn’t here it if I was a human. “no babe im staying here now please let me in hun” I say softly. For a long time it was silent with just his sobs as noise, the bell had already rung. “ry?” he finally said. “yea Winnie” I asked subconsciously using his nickname for when we were kids. “w-who is she?” what? “who is who wynter? Who are you talki-” “your mate” he cut me off with. Oh… “let me in and I’ll tell you” after a few minutes I heard the lock click and the door open. As soon as it opened enough I walked in and held wynter against the wall with his hands above his head. “r-ry please don’t hurt me” he whispered. I gasped at the thought he would even think I would ever hurt him. “I wouldn’t dream of it.” I say before softly capturing his lips with mine. After the shock wore off I felt him kissing me back. We snogged for a few more minutes before we broke away for air. “you have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do that” he whispered still catching his breath. I stare wide-eyed at him until I felt as I could form words. “r-really” damn I guess I wasn’t ready after all. “yea….im gay no one knows but carrie” ohh….. “well that’s….nice.” I say. “yea….anyway who is your mate?” wow…he was that naïve? “you silly” I couldn’t help as I watched realization set in and wynter start clapping and squealing. He must have realized I was still there because he froze and started to blush. “awhh” I couldn’t help but let it slip out.