Chapter One

"I'm sure gonna miss you, man." Kennith said, nudging Karkat. "I still can't believe you're moving. But hey, I'm glad you got to stay over these past few days. A lot of people are going to miss you."

"Yeah, no they won't." Karkat replied, staring up at the ceiling while he was laying on his friend's carpeted floor. "Some might though, actually. I could actually stand to be around a few of them."

"Am I one of those friends, Karkat?" Kennith asked, glancing down at him.

"No."

"You dick." He laughed, throwing a pillow at Karkat.

"Thanks for letting me stay these past few days with you while my brother takes the furniture to the new house."

"Yeah, it's no problem. Glad to have ya."

Karkat stayed quiet. He was going to only miss a select few people. He wasn't really BFFs with anyone. He  just had those friends that you talk in school, then outside of it you pretend like you don't know each other. 

When he heard a few loud knocks on the  front door downstairs, he got off the floor, and grabbed his duffle bag full of clothing and his back pack, and headed down the stairs. "Hey Kankri." He greeted his brother.

"I'll take your bags to the car. Say bye to your friend while I do, okay?" he took the bags, and headed outside to put them in the trunk. 

Awkwardly, Karkat turned and watched as his friend came down the steps. "I guess this is goodbye." He said as they hugged awkwardly. 

"I guess so. Nice knowing you."

When  Karkat got into the passenger side, he sighed. "Why could I not go with you again?"

"You had to at least finish this week of school, Karkat." He told him for the twentieth time. "We move into the new house right as Spring Break starts, so you would already have your studies done."

Karkat finished packing and exhaled through his nose, taking his fifth last - time glance around the room he had grown accustomed to. The blue wallpaper to the tanned carpet, he knew he would miss this room. He grew up in this house. He'd even miss the gross soda stains on the tan carpet from when various friends came over and spilled their drinks, when he repeatedly told them not to be dumbasses and spill their drinks.

Sorry Karkat! They would exclaim innocently, as if they didn't just spill fucking soda on his carpet. Each and every time this event occured, he'd wonder why the hell he didn't make them drink water.

After he picked up his suitcase and extended the handle so he could pull it and let it roll along behind him, he took one last look around the room and started out of the room. He turned, slowly closing the door, trying to memorize the the way the room looked, right before he left.

Karkat Made his way to the door. "That's everything I have!" He called to Kankri, flinging open the front door. "Hurry your ass up. I don't want to be here all day." But honestly, he did. Just one more day of walking around the house, trying to memorize every single detail.

"Karkat, I've been waiting on YOU." Kankri replied as he walked passed Karkat, grabbing hold of Karkat's suitcase and walking out the door. "But I won't hassle you about it," he sighed, grunting as he put the two large suitcases in the trunk, one at a time. "I know you're going to miss this house. You did grow up here, after all. I did too, Karkat."

"Yeah, Kankri. I know. I was kind of there whenever we were growing up." Karkat sighed, and walked around to the passenger side of the car before getting in, shutting the car door.