Chapter 6 ~ I Know It's You

ARTEMISIA'S POV 

"GUYS I'M TELLING YOU!!!! IT REALLY IS HIM!!!" - Sia

"Shut up Sia!! The new kid can't be him. Sure his body screams at us that it's a Sex God but your imaginary boyfriend? WAKE UP!" -Britney

"You guys are soooooo mean!" I say as I deeply pout at them. Why can't they understand that it's really him? He didn't change much. He still has those bright blue eyes that remind me of the ocean and his raven like hair. Ever since he left. I constantly made sure to go to the beach where we first watched our sunset together. I was hoping that he would come back. I was hoping to the very person that made me feel so excited, so thrilled, so scared. I was hoping to see the person who made me feel emotions and those butterflies. Seeing him today again for the first time after so long had made me feel those butterflies that I once have forgotten. I thought I'd never feel my heart beat faster that only he can.

I groaned thinking those thoughts. ugh! I feel like a love struck girl! Damn you freaking hormones! Stupid teenage phase! 

The screeching of chairs snapped me out of my thoughts. Students fixed themselves as our teacher entered. 

" Welcome back to school losers! What a wonderful day to start with math." Mr. Enriquez began as the students gave their negative reactions for having math as the first period of the day. "But we will be having a new student all the way from Canada... Go on introduce yourself" He motions to the new student. OMG!!! HE'S IN MY CLASS!! huh... so he's smart ey?

"Hello my name is Zackary Blaze Cortez but you could call me Zack. I'm new and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you." His voice was enough to have my cheeks go red but I slowly hid them at my crossed arms infront of me. I have to pull myself together or else something bad is bound to happen. I just knew it!

"Cortez go sit next to Cross over there. Hey Cross raise your hand so that Cortez here would see you!"-Mr. Enriquez

I quickly shot my hand up and I saw him smirk. What the hell??

He makes his way towards my direction and sit beside me. At the corner of my eye I could see him offering his hand for  welcome handshake.

"It's nice to meet you."- Blaze

"I know it's you so stop with those formal crap." - Sia

I glared at him meeting those eyes that could just drown me if I look at them even more. He smiles wider.

"It's rather surprising for you to remember me after 9 years, Hysterica"-Blaze

"Well that's what happens when you go giving promises at little girls, Blaze"-Sia

"Here I am aren't I?"-Blaze

"Cortez! Cross! Shut up or I'm sending you both to the principal's office on the first day!" -Mr. Enriquez

Goodness! This teacher is annoying. Who gives a lesson on the first day after summer vacation?? Can't he see that I'm talking to my love of life for crying out loud? OH MY CUTE TEDDY BEARS AND UNICORNS AND ALL ITS CUTENESS GLORY!!!! What the hell did I just say??? I'm supposed to be angry at this bastard for making me wait for 9 long years! I didn't receive a letter, not a visit no nothing. He made my friends think that I'm a lunatic for talking about him. He made me feel so pathetic for holding on to something I never thought of coming back. He made me feel so lonely for constantly looking at my window every damn night and pretend that he's there with those blood red eyes and raven wings. How could he be so cruel?

As I sensed movement on my side, I saw his hand place a blue handkerchief on my desk. It made me scan my face with my hands only to feel wet drops on them. I grabbed the Handkerchief and carefully wipe the fabric on my tear stained cheeks. I stared at him trying to find anything on his expressing that would think that I'm amusing to watch. But all I could see was concern etched on his face. How could I stay mad at this person when he's all I wanted to be with?

"If it makes you feel any better..." He says as he reveals the familiar looking bracelet shining its silver beauty. I widened my  eyes at the sight. He kept it after all these years. 

"Don't you ever think that I have forgotten about you or my promise"- Blaze

Did he just? Wait. Right. Demon. Hahahaha. Oh no! I LIKE Blaze. I LIKE a demon. What would my parents think of me now?? More importantly what would Blaze think of me?? Would he hate me for being a hunter? Would he hate me for killing dark creatures? More importantly would he hate me for killing his own kind?? What would I do now??

I just started hunting a couple of years ago and since my family is one of the 7 strongest family of hunters training went easy for me. I'm one of the top ranked hunters now. Well that's what you get when got Cross blood running in your veins. 

School passed by really slow. Painfully slow. Blaze here is now the new candidate for being the next Mr. Popular. It's just his first day and now he's getting all the girls and guys who want to be his friend. There won't be a moment when we pass by or I mean he passes by that girls won't squeal as if a celebrity just passed by them. How could I blame them? He is really hot. I could just melt in those wonderful eyes of his and die happily or what. uggggghhhhh How he look so damn good? He's not the cute boy I remembered. Now he looks like a man! I'm just happy that he's back. I knew it from the moment I laid my eyes on him....

A U T H O R ' S N O T E :

Life is very unpredictable. And I know I am a shitty writer for updating painfully slow. I'll do my best to write more so stay tuned. Hope you guys like the new chapter and the new cover heheehe... Se you guys around!! Enjoy the summer everyone!