Chapter 12 - Evicted

Song of the chapter: That should be me by JB featuring Rascal Flatts

(I liked this song and the rascals but I hate JB... no offense to those who like him.)

....

Chapter 12

Evicted

I fidgeted when I heard a knock on the door. I was crying for I don't know how long. I just don't care.

"Darryl?" Came the voice from outside. It took her to call me again before I recognize that it was Leonor on the other side. "Dinner is ready."

"I-I'll pass. I'm not hungry." I told her.

"But Mr. Sanders asked for your presence." She said.

Blue... I closed my eyes again and hugged myself even more.

"Just tell him I'm not hungry. Whatever he wants me to do, he can just text me." I just don't want to see him yet. I can't stand it.

"Okay." Leonor answered. I felt mad at myself. She is not to be treated that way. She was so friendly with me.

I sighed.

It would be very creepy if a person has a blank mind because that isn't normal. But I tell you that is what exactly my mind is now. It was numb.

My tears must have been emptied because they stopped falling. But the pain was still there. It will take time to ebb away. I hope not for long.

I closed my eyes but I felt the phone buzzed.

'Don't let the food wait Darryl or I'll pick you up myself.' Blue's text.

I stared at it for a moment before I hurried to the bathroom. I looked horrible. I splashed some water and thankfully, the redness of my eyes disappeared though not all but it looked better.

I head down the dining room. I saw Blue laughing with the girl. Wait, what is she doing here? They all turned to look at me, including Leonor. I shook my head.

"What took you so long?" I heard Blue.

I swallowed. His voice was so cold. "I-I was not planning to eat dinner because I'm not hungry."

"That's nonsense." He said and ordered me to sit down. "By the way, I would like you to meet Claire my ex." He said that made me look up.

"But that will change right?" She asked to Blue who just smiled in return.

"Hey." I greeted and smiled but I know it didn't reach my eyes because I know exactly what's in there.

Regret. Pain. Envy. Anger for myself.

"HI." She said and smiled. And I swear she has a beauty. Her slightly tanned skin made her cheeckbones more noticeable. She has long brown hair and her lashes were so long.

If not with the pain I was feeling now, I would agree that she passed my standards for Blue. But the tide has turned, I now envy her.

We started eating but I felt sick. I can't take it anymore with Blue looking her like nobody else is in the room. Can't he wait till we finished dinner?

I concentrated on my plate but their snickers get through me. Sh*t. I pushed my plate and stood. "I'm done. Excuse me." I uttered.

"Wait. I have something to tell you." Blue said and motioned me to follow him away from ear shot.

I just shook my head. I can't look his eyes-his beautiful blue eyes. I don*t want him to see through me.

"Claire will be staying here for good. She will be staying in your room so I want you to transfer on one of the guest rooms. Pick whichever you want."