Chapter 5 - Glittering Game of Boredom

~Oliver's POV~

Another episode of Magical Kitty Len-Len came out today. I watched the whole episode cramped up alone in my room. It was nice since I wasn't disturbed, but I still couldn't get SeeU's painful face out of my head. I just felt like it was my fault making her so sad. Well, maybe because it was....

"Oliver?" I heard my brother call up to me from downstairs.

"Yeah?" I called back, turning off the TV since I had finished the episode. It was a funny one since Len's sister, Rin, walked in on him hugging a body pillow. I was maybe a bit jealous, but I couldn't see what was on the pillow anyway, so I'm just jealous of a pillow now. Wow, okay. His standards must be so high.

Note sarcasm please.

"Someone's at the door for you!" Yohio's voice echoed through the hallway as I stepped out of my room. I had an idea of who the person might be.

I walked down the stairs, but the person at the door wasn't who I was expecting to see.

"Hi Oliver! Wanna come with me to go over to Piko's house?" Ryuto stood in the doorway, smiling happily up at me. I hadn't seen either of them over the weekend, so I thought that going with him wouldn't be to bad.

"Sure," I replied simply. "Gimme a minute, alright?"

Ryuto nodded and Yohio let him come in for a moment as I dashed upstairs to get ready again.

When I finally came down, Ryuto was waiting for me. "You done?" He asked, his mouth full of blueberry muffin.

I gave a glance toward Hio, who just shrugged. I nodded and said, "Yeah," as I led Ryuto out the door.

"See ya," Hio called to me before I closed the door behind us.

It wasn't a long walk from my house to Piko's; he lived close. I'm guessing that Ryuto was over at Piko's house and decided to come get me to go over their with them. I don't know why they didn't just call though.... Maybe it was a dare...?

Once we reached Piko's house, Ryuto knocked on the door a few times and Piko answered. "Oh, good! You actually came back." He stifled a snicker, and let us come in, closing the door behind him.

"Whatever," Ryuto huffed, slipping off his shoes and heading downstairs. I wonder if anyone else was here...?

"Hey, is anyone else here?" I decided to share my interest.

"Yeah, Yuuma's here and so is Lui. But that's about it." Piko nodded as we walked downstairs after Ryuto.

"What are we gonna be doing then?" I asked, looking around the room. There were a few cushions laid out on the floor, with Ryuto, Lui, and Yuuma all sitting on them.

"You know, dumb boy things probably." Piko snickered, shrugging as he took a seat next to Yuuma.

"Right...." I nodded slowly and followed, sitting next to Lui and Ryuto.

"Hey Oliver." Lui smiled sweetly at me, to which I returned a smile.

"Hey," Yuuma said, nodding his head at me. I just smiled again.

"So? What now?" I glanced at Piko, raising an eyebrow.

"Wanna play Pass It On?" Piko suggested, holding up one of the cushions.

Ryuto tilted his head to the side. "Pass It On? What's that?"

Piko gave a soft sigh. "It's a game where we sit in a circle and turn off the lights. There's music playing in the background, and we pass the pillow until it stops. Whoever is holding the pillow gets to be punished." He nodded, a small smirk on his face. "Good?"

I fidgeted slightly, unsure of how this would go, but nodded anyway.

When we were all in agreement, Piko played some music and turned the lights off. We all sat in a circle, and began to pass the pillow around.

The music stopped. Piko got up quickly and turned the lights on. Yuuma was holding the pillow.

"What's my punishment then...?" Yuuma asked quietly, looking displeased.

I gave a small laugh at his expression and Ryuto piped up without hesitation, "Kiss Piko!"

Piko faltered and stumbled backward slightly. "H-hey, wait, it's his punishment, not mine!"

Yuuma clicked his tongue softly, taking the comment as an insult. He stood up slowly and placed a soft and slow kiss on Piko's cheek, making the boy flush a dark red color.

Ryuto looked satisfied, and I sent him a slightly confused look. He just shrugged.

"Alright, let's continue," I mumbled slowly as the lights went out again and Yuuma started the passing again.

After a moment, the music halted again. "Ah," I accidentally gave a small gasp when the pillow reached me right as it stopped. What would I have to do...?

The lights came on again and Ryuto and Piko were smirking at me. "W-what...?" I asked hesitantly.

"Well, how about a prank call?" The two said in unison. I could tell this was going to be awkward.

"O-okay...?" I pulled out my phone and raised an eyebrow at the two.

Ryuto took it from me quickly. "When I start the call, you gotta say, 'I just wanna say that I love you—!' And you have to say it in a really embarrassed voice."

My eyebrow twitched slightly at that, and I gulped. I didn't have a say against it, so I just had to get it over with.

Piko was snickering a lot, so I could tell it was going to end badly.

Ryuto started the call and quickly handed me the phone, which I pressed against my ear.

"Hello?" The voice...her. I glared at Ryuto and Piko, but they just shrugged, struggling to keep quiet.

"I-I just wanna say that I love you—!" I mimicked the way that Ryuto had said it before, and quietly awaited a reply. It was dead silent. And for a while at that.

"Pfffftt, Oliver, there's no way. Nice try though." The girl laughed and hung up.

I sat there kinda shocked for a moment. I thought I was quite convincing.

"So?" Piko and Ryuto practically begged for what she said.

"She knew," I replied simply, shrugging. "Miki's my best friend, so she'd figure it out pretty quickly."

Both of their facial expressions seemed disappointed. "Aww," they whined together.

"Oh well," Ryuto shrugged. "Let's keep playing!"

Piko nodded excitedly in agreement. "Yeah, I'll turn the lights back off, so c'mon."

Yuuma and I exchanged an annoyed glance before we were forced back into playing the strange game that was 'Pass It On.'