Prologue: Harmonia

*???'s POV*

A place where thoughts move as perpetually as my model train set, a place where ideas are as carefree as the clouds that dot the patterns on the floor, and a place where truth is more desired than gold... This is my room, where my Reshiram and I often have our fondest memories.
Although he does not have much room to maneuver due to his massive stature, he always has a smile on his face, and the conversations we have together are some of my favorites. The engine affixed to his tail pulsates with a warm red light, adding heat to the room whilst calming me. Interestingly, my Pokemon's neck also emanates this same warmth through two small rings around his throat. At times, my room would grow so cold at night that I would need to sleep on Reshiram's back, utilizing the natural heightened temperature to avoid frostbite, but he never seems to mind me doing so.

My Pokemon folds its white wings back, and his eyes begin to glow a bright blue. I already know what he's planning to show me, and I close my eyes in anticipation. In the halls of the ornate castle that I call my home, my Reshiram has been showing me visions from a region completely different from Unova. He seems to be greatly enthralled by the truth imbued in the purpose and resolve of two beings there- a chromatic species of quadruped Pokemon that I had never seen before and his Trainer, a blond-haired Scientist with a compassionate heart. After what my father had attempted to accomplish so long ago, I've been averse to science for as long as I can remember, but this man's heart is in a completely different place. He uses science as a means to connect with his Pokemon, not the other way around.

...

While much of the vision's surroundings are shrouded in a white fog, I watch the Scientist slowly sit down in a chair in his apartment. He seems to be flustered, idly twiddling part of his tattered blue lab coat with one hand, while his red-orange Umbreon-like Pokemon straddles up to his side, purring. Papers line the desk, and he seems to be very busy.

Then, his eyes light up, and he triumphantly pulls one of the papers off of his desk and shows it to his Pokemon.

"What do you think of this, Voltflare?" he asks. I can't quite decipher the contents of the leaflet, but it seems to make the Pokemon quite happy.

"This could be exactly what we need for Trainers all across the globe to keep in touch with both each other and their Pokemon! I based the design for this off my Life Tether- you remember that, don't you?"

Voltflare nods, and Nathan continues,

"With this, Trainers will never be separated from their Pokemon; I just need to streamline the design for smaller Pokemon- I wouldn't want to give a device like this to a Pokemon that weighs less than it does, now would I?"

He calmly pets Voltflare on the head, and a small, teal reindeer-like Pokemon flies in from nowhere and scatters many of the papers that the Scientist had been working with all over the floor. The easily-identifiable Shaymin then crashes into a wall and falls to the ground.

The man raises his hand to his forehead in mock outrage and slowly picks the Gratitude Pokemon off of the floor.

"You're just a little bundle of trouble, now aren't you?" he laughs, dusting off the Shaymin and, using his hands as a makeshift launch pad, helps his Pokemon get back in the air again.

...

The vision fades shortly afterwards, and my Reshiram's eyes return to their usual luster and color. I comb my hand through my green hair and adjust my hat, an idle habit that I had developed while thinking hard.

I've never seen someone with the desire to help Pokemon as much as he does. Perhaps, he may be the one that I've been searching for all these years... I can't help thinking, feeling almost as giddy as the average schoolboy. It had been a long time since I had ever talked with someone that understands Pokemon in the same way that I do. Most of my life, I'd been sheltered away in this castle, and my only companions were my Pokemon and my sisters, who I rarely saw. The two did not stir from their rooms on the other side of the castle, only for special occasions like a birthday.