The blood on the floor

His name was Henry. Sam remembered him introducing himself to her and John while driving them to their horrid destination. He had been so kind to them and had done nothing to deserve this fate, yet he had died a brutal death. He was a good man, with a family and a life. That was the the worst imaginable part. He was a dad, a husband and a grandfather. And now?Now he was just a large pile of blood stained, useless nothingness. Simply a figment of ones imagination. A lost soul.

The thought of him joking around with his family filled Sam with so much rage she finally found the courage to allow herself to stand back up. She had to find John and get out of this hell like prison, if not for her own sake then at least for Henry's.

She clumsily stood up still shaking in terror only to find her breathing had become unbearably uneven. It then proceeded to speed up until she was hyperventilating uncontrollable amounts. Sam found herself suddenly very aware of all her surroundings. The hanging corpse, the broken window by the dresser, the rotted wall paper, the old set of beds with broken springs. Sam whirled around realizing she was in one of the hotel rooms, frantically she searched for an escape route. Just as she did she saw the dark silhouette of a tall distorted figure with yellow glowing eyes that stool out in the dim lighting.

She held her gaze and the foul beast did the same until it decided upon charging. It moved at incredible speed and when it hit Sam she went flying into the wall and a picture fell directly on her head. Just as she forced her eyes to fly open she saw the figure running away with a trail of its blood following it. It was as though it were a trail of bread crumbs. Except it wasn't bread, it was a dark red liquid that instantly filled the room with the scent of iron, otherwise known as blood.

Sam's throat closed yet again and her vision tunnelled to the point of pain.  It was as though someone was stabbing behind her eyes with a knife from inside her head trying to torture her in the slowest possible way. Sam tried to stand up one last time but as she did this her knees buckled and all the muscles in her body became weak causing her to fall limp to the ground. The ground was still wet and smelled slightly musty. With one final stab her eyes shut and she began to flail about on the floor, seizing up. Sam then went to rest her head on the blood soaked ground thinking I'll only lay down for a few short moments. Little did she know she had been greatly mistaken. A thought then appeared just before she drifted off into lifeless unconsciousness. A thought so gruesome it somehow managed to give her just enough energy to mutter it to herself the blood stained carpets and smell of death, i think I'm going to be sick. If only I had a knife... This could all be over. With that she puked. everywhere within a three foot radius was covered with the displeasing scent of her insides. With the image of of a suicidal death in her head she began to laugh. A high pitch almost screaming cackle that soon turned into a wail of agony. This caused so much effort she ended up with the sense that death might not be so bad.  She gasped for air but ended up choking on the few pockets of oxygen she smuggled into her lungs. She tried to lift her head up but just as she did a strong force raced into the room and aggressively slammed her head down on the ground so hard it bounced back up and then fell once more. Her blood seeped without hesitance out of her crimson coloured skull on to the already stained rotting carpet of the torturous hotel as one final thought threw itself into her brain. Maybe..maybe it would be easier if I just.. Let go. Permanently. The last thing Sam remembered hearing was a high pitched raspy voice. When it spoke it whispered but yet it seemed to have so much power. It put her in s trance. She could only grasp a few words but from what she could tell it was a warning. When I'm done with you, you will be in dire need of a new life for yours will be unbearable and you will be unable to live without pain. Sams eyes fluttered open for the last time and she saw the same pitch black silhouette. Her gaze focused on the ground beside her head trying to pretend that this was not her new reality. That it was simply fictional.  Perhaps her mind was playing a cruel joke on her, testing her sanity. But it wasn't, this was her reality now. As for her sanity? She had made the mistake of loosening her grasp on it but it soon slipped threw her fingers completely leaving no remnants of anything remotely close to normal. At first all she saw just looked like was more blood on the ground but the more she identified it the more she realized it was a message . Don't look up. Of course, being human and all she felt the urge to look up. So she did only to see the ceiling was filled with more pitch black silhouettes, hundreds if not thousands of them. All with yellow glowing eyes and a distorted figure. But one stood out more than the others, one was smiling. That smile. Where do I know that smile? Then it hit her. That smile belonged to John. The blood lusting son of a bitch that stared down upon her from his perch was John. It was using John as its host. With that she passed out, sitting in a pool of her own blood and grime fantasizing of a different less horrifying life that she would never be able to come by.

Idk if this is any good..Let me know if you want me to keep writing •
-C