1

-

"Nalilah, these four lovely girls are looking to adopt," She falsely started, "And they think you're the perfect one. One of the leaders said, introducing me. She slid her hand on my shoulder quickly as I shoved it away-

"You touch me one more time and were gonna have a problem." I sassed. She huffed and went on with her words.

"Well ladies! Would you like to interview her? Or just sign?"

They gave each other mysterious faces. I can admit, they are all very pretty. Equally, "We'd like to interview her." The Blondie said.

I nodded and led them to the good ole' interviewing room. Smells like old tears from previous girls. The peeling light blue walls, same crooked chairs, same everything.

I gave them seats in the corner, which had two small chairs, two pillows, and a spot for me to sit down on the floor.

"So... Nalilah.." The curly haired one sighed awkwardly, "How old are you?"

"Fifteen."

"Where are you from?" One of the auburn haired girl's questioned me.

"Chicago."

"Well.. I'm Leigh Ann."

"I'm Perrie."

"I'm Jesy."

"And I'm Jade!" They all said to introduce them to me. I signaled a wave to them as I played with my fingernails. "Nice to meet you all." I mannerly said.

"So.. would you feel comfortable.. staying with us? For a while?" Jesy said.. I think that was her.

I nodded unsurely but surely, "Yeah. I don't see why not?" I shrugged. I was still disappointed at myself because of a previous conversation I had had with one of my family members. But that's not the point now.

-

It was late at night and I couldn't sleep. The four girls said that where they live is overseas. So I'm wondering why would they come all the way to crummy Chicago and adopt some strange girl and say she's the one. That's a little creepy. But, My sister a always said, All things happen for a reason. And I always, listened to her.

-

Short! I know! I hope you guys aren't mad at me! IM SORRY!

xoxo-

Amber.